My friends cousin shot to death.

DeSiRe.

47Ronin OG
The 47 Ronin
It's heartbreaking news already because he never caused anyone harm. He was a good boy.
It just pisses me off how the police handled it as if it was nothing. That's whats wrong with their policies. Every case should be an Amber Alert after 24hrs missing imo. I ran away when I was 15 and took a greyhound bus from Louisiana to California and there was a cop at the door 7 hours after I got there. Granted it took me 72hrs to get to my destination, but they took my computer to the station and found the address in my computer. Then called Cali police & took me to a foster home in Yuba City. I could have been dead. Every missing person should be treated as an Amber Alert if someone is worried enough to call an Amber Alert in, then it should be considered threatening. People should not have to persuade police to believe someone might be in harm, they should just act as soon as they get the report. If it was their own they would not just sit back and pretend nothing happened. The world is a crazy place, anything can happen to anyone. :(

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Crime-Missing/NNj8xgmTBESYw3wj44nd6g.cspx

Faint

The Catalyst
The 47 Ronin
It's heartbreaking news already because he never caused anyone harm. He was a good boy.
It just pisses me off how the police handled it as if it was nothing. That's whats wrong with their policies. Every case should be an Amber Alert after 24hrs missing imo. I ran away when I was 15 and took a greyhound bus from Louisiana to California and there was a cop at the door 7 hours after I got there. Granted it took me 72hrs to get to my destination, but they took my computer to the station and found the address in my computer. Then called Cali police & took me to a foster home in Yuba City. I could have been dead. Every missing person should be treated as an Amber Alert if someone is worried enough to call an Amber Alert in, then it should be considered threatening. People should not have to persuade police to believe someone might be in harm, they should just act as soon as they get the report. If it was their own they would not just sit back and pretend nothing happened. The world is a crazy place, anything can happen to anyone. :(

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Crime-Missing/NNj8xgmTBESYw3wj44nd6g.cspx
People come to Yuba City, GIRL WTF WAS YOU THINKIN,

On a more serious note, sorry about your friend's cousin :/

civil servant

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
Very sad.

It might be worth writing to your State legislators since the Amber Alert system is a law designed to give Law Enforcement more tools with which to find those who are known to be in immediate danger, primarily in cases of confirmed or highly probable abduction. It's unfortunate that so many kids and young adults go missing every day. Many of them are runaways. Probably most of them. It's simply perhaps too enormous of a task to try to track them all. Amber, you were very fortunate though you probably didn't think so at the time. Maybe 24 hours is too long. Someone I am very close to was only missing for a few hours. She had been abducted and then released but the damage done in that short amount of time was...terrible and haunts her still. Look I have to say this and the timing will seem crass, cold, and mean but sometimes that's the only way to get through: Quit blaming the police, Amber. If you can get past that you'll make a far better advocate for the kids and maybe even can find constructive ways to use your own experiences to take an active role on their behalf. You'd make this old man proud...well, prouder anyways. I think you'd make yourself prouder too.

DeSiRe.

47Ronin OG
The 47 Ronin
Yea, it may look like I was fortunate. But, there was a really good reason why I was running & why even after that I didn't return. And I do not ONLY blame the police. Since yesterday writing in the forums I've learned to keep my arguing or even my own damned opinion to myself, so that's all I will say.

-never judge a book by it's cover.-

and this is another reason why firearms should be regulated. Along with the other 50 examples in recent American history. a few school and movie theater shootings to be exact.

Guns should be a privilege, not a right. You should require a mental health test to own guns, you should have to have a permanent residence, and you should have to store them in a certified gun cabinet, you should only be able to buy ammo for the guns you own.

Giving idiots power to end others lives, and then wondering why some one would massacre a movie theater full of people, or a school full of people. Don't give the idiots power.