middle earth: Shadow of Mordor

mclovin

just purchased, its about finished like stable said in chat box earlier its huge, 34 gigs. i'll give a first impression review later tonight. my friend IRL actually worked on this game.

starting in 15 minutes, got a good mixer, chips and the next two days off.

post your reviews/first impressions

just purchased, its about finished like stable said in chat box earlier its huge, 34 gigs. i'll give a first impression review later tonight. my friend IRL actually worked on this game.

starting in 15 minutes, got a good mixer, chips and the next two days off.

post your reviews/first impressions
If I remember correctly Wolfenstien the new order was 50.4Gb and an awesome game.... Either it is awesome and massive or just Okay

mclovin

well.... i've hit a stone wall. i downloaded it, and it won't launch (funny story i had to friends message me about if i liked it or not... steam shows it launching then it puts me back to online right away)

tried 5+ ways to make sure it could launch and it won't. the only card i have left is a bug fix in the morning. still it's just launch, can't let a rough launch effect its overrall score. im sure once its accessible to everyone it will be epic

stable is the only one into it atm with playable experience

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
Maybe I'll give a full review later (weekend maybe) but right now the game is really a lot of fun. I had no idea what to expect really- the info in the couple days leading to launch was good, but I didn't know if it was actually warranted. It starts off slow, but once the nemesis system kicks into gear, it's a lot of fun. Assassin's Creed and Batman had more vertical game play, and sometimes I feel like the orcs are nearly blind, but those are the only real issues. Unlike in either of those two games (AC in particular) you really can't feel unbeatable in any encounter. Normal grunts are easy enough to dispatch, but you never know when one captain (or three!) are right around the corner. They have strengths and weaknesses that, for the lower level captains, don't mean much. But when they get some of their better specs (like immunity to certain types of damage, or strengths like super fast health regen), you actually have to give it some effort.

The way I played, I was late to unlocking some of the super awesome powers (I still don't have them, I took the long story route). That should make it way more interesting as well.

Starts out kind of button spammy and easy, but you quickly feel like you got your money's worth. Just give it some time.

oh, and the finishes/kills are awesome.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
I already hope they do a second game and see them really expand. Maybe add some diversity in terms of weapons, enemies, and environments. As of this game, these elements are fairly static.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
Final note- I still wouldn't say that this game is as good as either Batman or Assassin's Creed (Batman is sooooo good). But it is good, so far. My main is fear is that it gets repetitive, even with the nemesis system. Time will tell.

mclovin

Final note- I still wouldn't say that this game is as good as either Batman or Assassin's Creed (Batman is sooooo good). But it is good, so far. My main is fear is that it gets repetitive, even with the nemesis system. Time will tell.
anything close to batman is worth it..... sorry today has been a helluva night. i've run into a steam wall bug as to run this game, done everything on forums and still nothing (on top of that my dog peed through my sheets into my mattress, yeah not cool.) i hope it gets working SOON

mclovin

okay finally i have played it (its a miracle i know)

i was extremely let Down. im not far into it, and the story is good...

but you don't straight up own "Uruks" or orcs... you spend way too much time ATTEMPTING to spank mobs. like your sword is a giant shitty tickle machine! oh and the wraith powers, or kill buttons, dont work because your always being swamped by gremlins. my god i am mad i spent this money so far

please tell me if im doing something wrong... i just think th e amount of dps is terrible.

okay finally i have played it (its a miracle i know)

i was extremely let Down. im not far into it, and the story is good...

but you don't straight up own "Uruks" or orcs... you spend way too much time ATTEMPTING to spank mobs. like your sword is a giant shitty tickle machine! oh and the wraith powers, or kill buttons, dont work because your always being swamped by gremlins. my god i am mad i spent this money so far

please tell me if im doing something wrong... i just think th e amount of dps is terrible.
From what I have played I can agree the orcs take quite a beating before they go down which in a mob is crazy difficult.. I'm glad people are starting to release more difficult games... Alien Isolation is a chief example of that. Easy could be mistaken for the hard difficulty, I had to check after dying 20 times... Games use to be a challenge of skill and that is how they should be honestly... Are you old enough to have played old school hard games?