What's new

L's Prospectrive 2016 computer 1070 edition

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
@IcEWoLF

Temps are after stress test and a benchmark

Thats really good for air cooling, just remember to keep your temps under 75c.

After you set your memory clocks in bios do another standard benchmark for 15 minutes to make sure the ram is running properly and no crashes are occurring, if thats good then start the OC process.

The i6700k should OC easily, try running 1.250v and 4.6Ghz on air, if you feel brave you can push it higher. As hunter thought me, if it crashes add o.o5 volts... so 1.255v, ect...
Past 4.5Ghz you won't really see much of a difference other than benchmark scores.
If you need help in the bios on how to set things up just fb msg me. Also be sure to monitor the voltage in cpuid or hwmonitor.

-L-

The 47 Ronin
Thats really good for air cooling, just remember to keep your temps under 75c.

After you set your memory clocks in bios do another standard benchmark for 15 minutes to make sure the ram is running properly and no crashes are occurring, if thats good then start the OC process.

The i6700k should OC easily, try running 1.250v and 4.6Ghz on air, if you feel brave you can push it higher. As hunter thought me, if it crashes add o.o5 volts... so 1.255v, ect...
Past 4.5Ghz you won't really see much of a difference other than benchmark scores.
If you need help in the bios on how to set things up just fb msg me. Also be sure to monitor the voltage in cpuid or hwmonitor.
I plan to oc once i get my 1080 card in till then ima just run stock. I do have XMP enabled atm btw

kaM

The 47 Ronin
I plan to oc once i get my 1080 card in till then ima just run stock. I do have XMP enabled atm btw
Are you waiting for a custom card? The founders come out the 27th and 2-3 weeks after for the others

-L-

The 47 Ronin
Are you waiting for a custom card? The founders come out the 27th and 2-3 weeks after for the others
ima nab a founders like i said this 970 is a rental cant hold it for too long/

@Hunter The way i positioned my psu the cable wouldnt be able to reach going around the back side.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
ima nab a founders like i said this 970 is a rental cant hold it for too long/

@Hunter The way i positioned my psu the cable wouldnt be able to reach going around the back side.
For some style points pick up some nice cable extensions down the road so they will fit to length