What's new

L's Prospectrive 2016 computer 1070 edition

-L-

The 47 Ronin
I'm fixed on the fan cpu cooler for the reasons stated before and as far as overclocking is concerned the cooler ive chosen has shown similar preformance if not better when compared to corsairs h110 ive actually done a good amount of research reguarding the cpu fan

Im thinking of going with the i7 since i do media work and the extra hyperthreading is welcome there.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Hmm Alpha I wanted the built in wifi, I like bringing my unit to my friends house but his place is wifi only, I also wanted to combine that wifi with a feature built into asus boards (not sure if rog specific) but it allows you to specify what line you want to use for whatever application i wanna run. Example i run the game via Lan while i run OBS, chrome, spotify etc via Wifi.

Hmmm dont plan on ram overclocking i may swap the one you suggested with the 2400s if anything.

From research ive see in most areas 950 has done better than 750 i also read booting from 750 may have an issure or i may have mis read that portion.

As far as the graphics card is concerned i want this build ready by the 1st week after overwatch (would say weekend but sadly ill be out of town and wont be able to play that first portion) so thats why im leaning towards founders UNLESS evga is able to get something out by the 1st week after the 1080s release

As far as overclocking is concerned i plan to use the software based overclocking asus has for the system since I dont have the proper knowledge to overclock a system w.o fucking it up.

HMMM i will take time to redisign the system again since my bottle neck is the release of the 1080 maybe i was overthinking it with the wifi... might go msi for aestetics... also the asus board has repeated audio issues... hows your hero doing anyways in reguards to audio @IcEWoLF ?
The audio is fine, its not bad.

-L-

The 47 Ronin
FUISHDFIFAS I get all my parts in today but the OS is being shipped from Tennessee this morning...

Edit... took me 30 minutes but just realized i dont need to activate it yet to get it running...

Last edited:

-L-

The 47 Ronin

god i love how i dont have to pay for 1 day shipping to get shit from newegg in 1 day. Only downside is my windows 10 key is shipping from tennesee....

The 970 is a rental from work :)

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
You can start the build and DL the latest firmware, should be all set then.
I myself ordered the phanteks fans for my radiator.

I also had some issues with the corsair pump making rattling noise, so I decided to rma my unit yesterday. If this doesn't pan out then I might switch to air cooling too. I might go with the cooler master air maker 8, that thin is huge, but totally worth it.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
You can install Windows 10 without a key and get it all ready to go. Just put the key in later. I can tell ya how to download the ISO (legit)

-L-

The 47 Ronin
You can install Windows 10 without a key and get it all ready to go. Just put the key in later. I can tell ya how to download the ISO (legit)
I opted to use my windows 7 key on my old computer i plan to refund the one i purchaced. My coworker also let me borrow his boot usb

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Built and running
Nice! Now be sure to run a benchmark at stock. Use Asus RealBench to test out the components to make sure everything is running without issues before you start your journey in overclocking.
Also be sure to download HWMonitor to keep in track of all your temperatures.