L's Prospectrive 2016 computer 1070 edition

-L-

The 47 Ronin
So if you guys cant tell from my recent post about video cards im looking for some form of upgrade. After talking to fuzion i started messing with builds online. Note im not an overclocker but i want this build to last me years.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=35071807

Some things that may change

Case:
Fractal r5 case if i decide to not to go with the LAN Box (i sometimes go to LA and bring my system with me to game at a friends house so im not bored as fuck at night and the LAN Box would make travel that much easier)

Processor:
I may swap the I5 for the i7 4.o

GPU:
The 970 placeholder for 1070

CPU Cooler:
If somone is willing to walk me through overclocking i may change the cpu fan to watercooling

Note im hoping this computer will last me the next 6 years just as my last one did

kaM

The 47 Ronin
Also if you're into having a portable machine, check out my favorite case. The NCASE M1. Fits a full size video card.

-L-

The 47 Ronin
@kaM holy just watched a vid on that case. As a chassis designer that shits a beast but theres so much to it as a novice builder (i make rackmontable computer chassis but am a novice builder lmao) im afraid i mess up assembling it.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
@kaM holy just watched a vid on that case. As a chassis designer that shits a beast but theres so much to it as a novice builder (i make rackmontable computer chassis but am a novice builder lmao) im afraid i mess up assembling it.
It's my favorite case so far. I'm going to guess you make server rack mount chassis?

-L-

The 47 Ronin
@kaMHaha na thats just shit for work, trying to decide between atx and mini itx and what chassis to use atm. can you link me your overall build? Edit: or i can read your signature.. what psu are you using? is it sfx?

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
So if you guys cant tell from my recent post about video cards im looking for some form of upgrade. After talking to fuzion i started messing with builds online. Note im not an overclocker but i want this build to last me years.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=35071807

Some things that may change

Case:
Fractal r5 case if i decide to not to go with the LAN Box (i sometimes go to LA and bring my system with me to game at a friends house so im not bored as fuck at night and the LAN Box would make travel that much easier)

Processor:
I may swap the I5 for the i7 4.o

GPU:
The 970 placeholder for 1070

CPU Cooler:
If somone is willing to walk me through overclocking i may change the cpu fan to watercooling

Note im hoping this computer will last me the next 6 years just as my last one did
The ram you linked is $97...
You can get the newer model ram, same performance here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104674
And $25 cheaper.
The one on your cart is sold by a third party too on the newegg site.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Also, for your rig I'd suggest going with an AIO cpu cooler...it will clear up lots of room and less dust in your system. Consider a Corsair H50i or H60i
If you are going to be doing any overclocking and pushing the cpu to 4.5ghz you might need some better cooling, like dual radiator.