IcEWoLF PC 3DMark 11 scores

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Here is my tracker:

I started from P5699 on 3/18/2012.

After making tweaks to ram, cpu oc to 4.4, video card oc (EVGA 480 GTX) to 851/2001 - 1.125 voltage I am now hitting P6841!
Here is the score page for more details: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3017954

My goal now is to try to achieve at least P7000, this might not be easy because I'll probably have to add another fan in the case side panel most likely to keep things cool.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Grego, I run an Intel 2700k OC'ed currently @ 4.4 Ghz.

I run this on air.

1 200MM fan front.
1 200MM fan top.
1 120MM rear fan. (exhaust)
1 120MM side panel fan (intake) top.
1 120MM side panel fan (exhaust) bottom.

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
Hey Ice,

I think you should check your V8 cooler mounting because I have reached 4.8ghz stable with my 2700K + $75 Asrock mobo + $12 refurbished CoolerMaster 212 plus and temp is at 65C

note: the difference is my set up is open case, unless your case temp is really hot but I doult that

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Hey Ice,

I think you should check your V8 cooler mounting because I have reached 4.8ghz stable with my 2700K + $75 Asrock mobo + $12 refurbished CoolerMaster 212 plus and temp is at 65C

note: the difference is my set up is open case, unless your case temp is really hot but I doult that
Was wondering the same thing.
I made sure everything was mounted properly, not sure why temps get to 80c+.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Ok, looks like hunter was right, the cpu cooler wasn't properly installed.
I saw the thermal paste imprint more at the bottom than top.
This probably happened because I tightened up one of the screws up top too much before screwing the other ones up.
This time around I made sure all the screws were tightened up evenly.
I see a 5c change.

Fasttrak

Staff member
The thermal paste should only be the very thinnest you can make it. No caking or heavy material anywhere on any part of the cpu or base of the heatsink. In the best scenario the high points of both the cpu top and the base of the cpu cooler should be in direct contact, the paste is just there to help transfer heat as air is horrible at tranfering heat. Damned near every system I have done work on that I did not build are always way over pasted which causes heat sinks by slowing the transfer of heat from the cpu to the cooler. Less is more when it comes to using thermal paste as it is a mediocre thermal transfer medium. It is only there to fill the very tiny gaps in manufacturing of the top of the cpu and the cooler.

Fasttrak