I Need A PC

Discussion in 'PC Build Suggestions' started by Bossbitch<3, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Bossbitch<3

Bossbitch<3 The 47 Ronin

i do not have a PC right now. only a laptop that i use for work. so i would need to buy essentially everything. i think i am going to go with the first link that nutbutter posted. i like the way it looks and it definitely seems like it would be able to run CS:S. does anyone have any suggestions for monitors or a mouse?

2. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

For a monitor, I think you should go for anything within your budget that can display hdmi and vga.

For your mouse (or even keyboard), I'd budget a little extra on top (roughly 150-175 for both). I'm using the first gen logitech g502 proteus core. I like the weights, and there's enough buttons to play with. I have a thermaltake posiedon z rgb keyboard. I think in total they cost 160 bucks.

3. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

also it looks like that lenovo desktop comes with a keyboard and mouse already.

If you like the feel and use of those keyboards, you can save yourself a little money on that.

Honestly, I played on a non-gaming mouse for many many years. The only difference between my basic mouse and my gaming mouse is that the gaming mouse has spiffy mouse wheel and internal weights that can be adjusted.

4. A-Rich

A-Rich The 47 Ronin

No surprise I'm super cheap, but sometimes the budget buy turns out pretty good:

:D I have a Razer mouse for home, but I don't know if I'd bother the next time around. It's true what you're (@el jorge loco ) saying though with the preferences of weight & mouse wheels. Some feel super cheap when the weight of the USB wire itself wants to pull the mouse off the desk. :p

5. v.Kamikaze

v.Kamikaze 47R|Source Division The 47 Ronin

psh, i STILL game w/ my free.99 MS USB Optical Intellimouse - it drives some ppl insane when i kill them, lol.

anyhow, if you buy in the next hour, you can get this awesome deal from newegg:
    $900 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102252
    I know, its overkill, but it's a great deal. ;)

The Lenovo Erazer X315 w/ R9 260 isn't much of a deal at $700. I'd wait for a better deal. Just search slickdeals.net for "gaming desktop" and some better deals will come along, if you can wait.

6. Nutbutter

Nutbutter Staff Member Moderator

No problem Kelsey ;)

7. Nutbutter

8. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Honestly you don't need a high end mouse to play any games. I'm still rocking on my $13 and $9 "gaming mouse" off ebay no problem at all and these mouse can go any where from 800 dpi - 2400 dpi and they light up :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zelotes-Com...011193?hash=item1a0457c739:g:KtsAAOSw3ydVy5RO

For keyboard if you're only going to play CSS you can buy one of those microsoft keyboards for $10-15 off Amazon.

Monitor I would recommend putting a little more budget into. By going cheap on the mouse and keyboard you can offset the cost into the monitor.

I would go with this monitor. I have the older model and it still working after 5+yrs. Definitely one of the best monitors for that price range.
    ASUS VS248H-P 24" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor

9. Nutbutter

For sure @Ghonzo.... I don't put too much credit into the keyboard unless your playing WoW or a game that need macro's or other presets.... as for CSS none of that really needed. I do prefer a mouse with some good software though as you can adjust horizontal and vertical amounts to fit your needs... but still don't need to drop a ton on something that is legit!

10. v.Kamikaze

v.Kamikaze 47R|Source Division The 47 Ronin

BB, did you ever get a new PC?