I have to get this off my chest.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by suicide george, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Havoc.Sp

Havoc.Sp Staff Member Moderator

The political game is so fucked up now Im 100% sure the founding fathers are spinning in their graves. We need term limits for congressmen/senators, a cap on campaign funds (limit to $ that they can have donated to their campaigns), some more transparency on who is actually donating to which candidates or something. The way things are, we the people are just gonna have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

South park FTW!
    Debate 2004 (Season 8, Episode 8) - Video Clips - South Park Studios

2. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

I agree with the transparency, which is why I actually think WikiLeaks isn't all that bad. I don't approve of exposing black ops while those very missions are being performed/etc, but it'd definitely be nice to see more of what goes on.

3. 3rd Ridget

3rd Ridget New Member

While I agree that reality TV is a bunch of crap we have to remember that even in the 1800s and the 20th century we have had "uncouth" people. Gangs, racism, bigotry, and other forms of vice and corruption have been rife in this country. This is not just unique to America. If you go to other countries you will see that it's far more worse.

However, I do agree with you that greed has taken a hold over this country. This country used to be a nation in which people worked hard for a living and didn't ask for a handout. Now people bitch and moan if things don't go their way. People feel entitled to healthcare and think it should be a right.

Lastly, yes it is true that people should have read the fine print on their mortgages before they signed them. However, when in the market place the sellers tend to have an advantage. Hence, it's why both sides don't enter as equals. The even bigger problems were these banks and lenders who were selling these mortgages around and having companies such as S&P (yeah, the same one who downgraded the US debt) rate them as AAA securities. That made everyone think it was fine and dandy when it was a bubble ready to pop.