I have to get this off my chest.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by suicide george, Aug 7, 2011.

1. S-Dawg

S-Dawg The 47 Ronin

Some deep stuff george and i agree with you 100%

2. The Hamburglar

The Hamburglar Member

Honestly dude, I want to frame this. I do appreciate and remember what soldiers like you have done for this country. I can't imagine what it's like to look back and think that this is what you fought so hard for.
    Being a letter carrier, I see ALL sides of this country, business, individual, poor, and wealthy. I agree with you 100%. it doesn't matter what demographic you fit into, complacency is what is killing America. People believe that they are owed certain things such as money they didn't earn, or luxury they don't need. I'm glad to hear someone speak out loud and finally make some sense. Now if only the rest of the country would listen and take your lead...

3. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

The last reality TV show I saw was a guy from the new following this group of marines through Iraq during the 2007.

4. Havoc.Sp

Havoc.Sp Staff Member Moderator

Amen brotha!

I think a BIG portion of the blame goes on our politicians and our political system in general. As others said, its ALL about who you can get to donate to your campaign. Just look at Obama. He raised ~ $747 million for his campaign. Someone owns him. You only have to look at who has benefited. General Electric Paid No Federal Taxes in 2010 - ABC News

Tin hat aside (lol), the situation really is aggravating. Where did all this feeling of entitlement and that we our owed something just by being Americans come from? The America I know was built by the blood, sweat, and tears of people who had the drive to make something better for their family and for their country. They didn't wait or ask for it to be given to them, they went out and grabbed it. But because Americans today are, in general, a bunch of worthless deadbeats, anyone who really wants to be successful, can be. You just have to be persistent and unwavering in your mission. The American dream is still alive, even if it appears to be on life support.

5. suicide george

suicide george Member

Just some things really bothered me,

The worse thing for me is to hear a fellow soldier that is suppose to have my back come up and actually tell me "I only joined the army for college money so I ain't gonna get killed being a hero." I have profound respect in anyone that joins the military, even if it is just to get the benefits that go with it but step back and remember some people (like myself) didn't get a bonus for signing up, had to wait four years before getting any college money and then, even then just signed up to be in the military and we need to depend on other soldiers. The same can be said for people in general, how can I feel safe for my wife knowing that my neighbors may not do a damn thing if they hear screaming coming from my house because they dont want to or feel the need to protect another fellow person.
    I don't care what or who, some woman screaming her lungs out in a house and I'm over there banging on the door after I call to police to make sure she is fine. But that's just me, yet some people wont even call the police to find out if they are ok. I mean it just makes me not really want to live in a society like the society we are slowly turning into. Why go through my daily pain and suffering and determination if I can't rely on someone else to take a stand with me and say enough is enough? Biggest piece of advice I live by "it's better to stand and fall then to never stand at all". You never know who will have you're back unless you actually take that stand. Even if you fall or fail at least you did it. and no one can say otherwise. The secretary at the office every morning while I stayed there gave me a mocha and a cookie. not much but she told me if we only had more people this determined maybe we would start a new movement. who's with me? who will march up too the daily show with me and grab john stewart and stephen colbert and get some shit started?

6. Cerberus

Cerberus New Member

I don't blame big corporations at all. Their goal is to make money, period. However, when our elected officials, sent to Washington or Ottawa to represent us, pass legislation that solely benifits corporations, this is when I call bullshit. This has happened a lot over the past few decades, from the food industry to pharmaceuticals. This is the biggest problem plaguing us. We seem to be forgetting something...

Government of the people, by the people, for the people. - Lincoln

7. TomKat

TomKat New Member

Big ups to SG for pointing out everything that's wrong with our society in a precise and crystal clear manner. You really should get that published somewhere. I feel like the American General public needs a serious wake-up call, one that truly addresses these problems. It seems like even the lessons they should be learning are going over their heads because everyone just wants to blame someone else for the mess we're in.

8. TomKat

TomKat New Member

I think you're forgetting that these corporations practically own the politicians due to their donations and campaign contributions, etc. But I like the quote you closed with. I miss those days.

9. usmcsection8

usmcsection8 New Member

i could go on for hrs about what i think of our country's situation, but i type to slow and it would take days.

10. Cerberus

Cerberus New Member

Exactly. Our political candidates need to shake off the corporate control.