Htpc Review/Help

I will be receiving a HDHomeRun Prime soon which will be replacing my cable box, So I will need to build a HTPC to take full advantage of my home network and I will need some ideas/suggestions to help me out. Will need some recommendations on HTPC software/hardware: Media interface; Codec pack; Rip tools...etc.

Here are my current specs that I am thinking of using.

Intel i3-2100
Gigabyte Z68 micro ATX (on board video)
ADATA 4GB (2x 2GB) DD3 1600
ADATA SSD 60GB SATA III x 2 Raid-0 (I want this thing to start up Fast.)
Samsung F4 2TB SATA 3.0 GB/s x 2
Samsung Blu-Ray
PSU??? 350+, not sure if i want Seasonic Fanless Psu or just go with a $40-$60 PSU.
HTPC case is still up in the air, Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
You know this is one thing that I have yet to do, sorry to be of no help, but I hope you get alot of replies on this thread, because I'll be reading and learning. thanks for making this. Is this for wireless streaming through out your house? wireless TV/Music type system?

I just use Media center from Windows 7 with a tuner card in my system. It's easy to setup and simple to use for my roommate/girlfriend.

Media Portal takes a little bit to setup but is overall better than Media Center because you can customize it further. However I don't know if it supports HDHR3-CC.

I would definitely suggest a fanless power supply, if/when I do it again my HTPC will be silent.

Is this for wireless streaming through out your house? wireless TV/Music type system?
I'm planning to hard-wire everything, not a fan of wireless for streaming Hi-def content. As for streaming for outside the home I will have to look into that more, would be nice accessing my movies and tv shows while on vacation.

I just use Media center from Windows 7 with a tuner card in my system. It's easy to setup and simple to use for my roommate/girlfriend.

Media Portal takes a little bit to setup but is overall better than Media Center because you can customize it further. However I don't know if it supports HDHR3-CC.

I would definitely suggest a fanless power supply, if/when I do it again my HTPC will be silent.
I don't mind setting up a media interface as long in the end it's an easy to use interface so that everyone could use it.
Thanks Cut for showing me another media player(Media Portal), this should be in consideration along with MediaBrowser and XMBC.

As for support for the HDHR3-CC, I don't have to worry too much about that since the majority of Verizon Fios channels is Copy Freely. And if I do run into encrypted or copy controlled content WMC is always there for backup.