How do you hold your mouse?

Palm, claw, fingertips for your mouse?

• Total voters
I have no clew what these positions are. Is there like a karma sutra for mice, or something like that I could refer to for guidance?

fingertips, with my thumb on my desk ^.^

edit: after watching that video, i use move of a flat finger grip, except my index finger is at a fingertip for fast clicks i guess? and another thing i realized is i have my pinkee touching my desk too, so weird, idk how i play like that

fingertips, with my thumb on my desk ^.^

edit: after watching that video, i use move of a flat finger grip, except my index finger is at a fingertip for fast clicks i guess? and another thing i realized is i have my pinkee touching my desk too, so weird, idk how i play like that
im the same way

built[4]sin

Staff member
walls, my pinky drags on the desk. i never noticed till you pointed it out.

that vid makes me more of a "claw" type, but my mouse is palm-sized for comfort.

I've been using this mouse for everything for the past 6 or 7 years. Logitech - Trackmanâ„¢ Marbleâ„¢ Trackball

Yes, I play cs with it lol. Since it's a trackball mouse, I guess you can say I palm my mouse? I rest my entire palm on the mouse with my thumb left clicking and my ring finger right clicking. I move the ball with my index and middle finger. Don't ask me how I do it, I've been playing with it for a long time so I'm just used to it. I never move my arm or hand, just my fingers haha.

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
I sorta combo all three but more of a fingertip/palm method but my hands are pretty big so i can't really palm my deathadder without my hand dragging.

-L-

The 47 Ronin
I used to palm grip regular mouses but when i got my deathadder i swapped to a more fingertip/bird claw grip. took me a good year to fully adjust