Help!!

Discussion in 'PC Build Suggestions' started by Ghonzo, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? As much as i want SG's build this is the closest thing my dad is willing to pay for me.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Can anyone tell me if i can upgrade the mobo and the GPU? I know its intergrated graphics with mobo but was wondering if i can swap those out later and ask SG to help me out.

Or

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Btw Ice is this how we do the purchase through our website? just post the link and i just click it again to buy it??

2. Sakin

Sakin New Member

I just looked and the motherboard for the first one doesn't have integrated graphics, so you will need to get a video card if you go that route.

For the second one, everything is there that you need, but I was reading the comments on the ram and someone said the ram doesn't work with the motherboard in that combo. Whether this is true or not I do not know.

Here is the comment the guy left on the ram:
    Pros: I am sure it would be great, if I could get it to work.

Cons: Newegg is offering this in a combo right now but it does not work with the motherboard in the deal.

Other Thoughts: Since this is in a combo you will not get your money back but you might receive a discount on the next pair you buy. I don't believe this is the manufacture’s fault but Newegg did drop the ball on this one

3. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Ah. Thanks for the info man :D hmm probably go with the first one than XD

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

You might want to go with a decent video card because you will need a good card to run BF3 maxed out.
    Be sure to buy it through our website link by clicking that link then buying it from newegg.com!
    -IcEWoLF

5. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

As much as I like Intel but the 2nd choice seem to be more of a solid build, good luck Ghonzter

6. suicide george

suicide george Member

hey ghonzo, before you buy this let me part out the pieces myself real quick. I know I get the intel cheaper than that and the rest is pretty much put together. It's not that bad of a deal to be honest. Let me take a look and help you out. doesn't matter if it's my build I just like helping people get the best they can get.

7. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Thanks SG much appreciated and taking time to help me out :D

8. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

9. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Ghonzo, you can always go find some temp work that pays decent and has you sitting in front of a screen all day ahaha.

10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Ghonzo, 1 TB is overkill, unless you plan to store lots of xxx...
    The thing is, the bigger hard drive you get, the slower it will be to boot.
    I'd suggest staying around the 500gb range.
    Try to find a hard drive that has 10k rpm.
    -IcEWoLF