Headset help!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by Ghonzo, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Can anyone recommend me some durable and decent headset??

My logitech G330 broke once again... Fry's refuse to let me return it now since this will be my third time and this time the neck part broke almost in half. Been using it for a month now like that by using a tape to hold them but now my right side wont have any audio after close inspection the wire was torn :(

My price range for a headset right now would be under $60 >.<

I was thinking of getting either one of these

Newegg.com - PLANTRONICS GameCom 777 3.5mm USB Connector Circumaural Surround Sound Gaming Headset

Newegg.com - Tt eSPORTS SHOCK Foldable Gaming Headset Shining White HT-SHK002ECWH

As much as i want the G35 i dont have that much money to spare it =/

2. Sain†

Sain† New Member

i have the 777

Sound quality: Good

Comfort: Great

Cord Length: Great

Mic: Great

Size: Good(they are bulky, but that's because of lots of padding)

One thing that drives me nuts...the cord gets all wound up over time...and makes the headphone cord feel shorter...not sure of the reason but it is maddning at times.

3. suicide george

suicide george Member

if your going for under 60 dollars I would look at razor headsets. They sounded pretty nice for the price.

4. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

I would of but i hate their color choice lol XD i dont wanna wear a green headset looks stupid on me

5. WATER3

WATER3 Member

Hi Ghonzo,

I hate to disagree with Saint, but I have found the Plantronics 777 to not be as good of a choice as others out there. I did not like the Plantronics 777 because I felt the headset was far too tight on my head, had ~decent sound quality, and poor microphone quality. My Sennheiser HD 555, which although costs about $30 more than you want to spend, has far superior sound quality (I'd rank the two 3 v 10 on a scale from 1-10).

For the same amount that the 777 costs, you can buy a much more quality Logitech or Turtle Beach headset. For instance, the Ear Force Z1 or (for more money and around-ear configuration) Z2.

PC Gaming Headset & Headphones | Turtle Beach

Newegg doesn't have the best headsets in stock in my opinion. Amazon is a better choice for buying headsets. I also recommend staying clear of brands like Skull Candy or Bose when buying gaming/computer headsets or headphones.

Good luck!

6. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Razer is garbage.
    Their RMA is garbage, took 3 weeks to get my replacement parts back.
    Every single razer product I owned had to be rma'd.

7. Haze

Haze Contributor

Ghonzo raged and broke his headset after i killed him XD.

I have the plantronic gamecom pro 1s, although they produce very decent sound quality, and have a decent mic, I would recommend something newer. These are like two years old

8. Sain†

Sain† New Member

I forgot the price tag on it....I used to work at Best Buy and got it for like 30bucks...for the retail price the logitech might have your best choice.