HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by IcEWoLF, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Havoc.Sp

Havoc.Sp Staff Member Moderator

yeah this episode was awesome. the end made me a bit sad face but it was just about the only way for it to end. the door is wide open for whatever they want to do with season 3.

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

I think things will be a lot more interesting next season.
    It gives some of the new actors more room to work with.
    I think the Jimmy story line was horribly put together, I believe they could have used him at his full potential, but they chose not to.

Nucky is one SOB.
    But that's what I like about him. He needs to be more of a bad guy instead of a good guy. That's why his character shined in Season 1..

I believe next season Nucky will find out what really happened regarding the assassination attempt that his brother proposed and not Jimmy.
    I'd love to see what happens with Margaret Schroeder when Nucky finds out regarding the affair she was having with Owen Slater.
    Lots of regrets then.

3. Mackatoni

Mackatoni Member

I agree on all counts. But that being said i cant believe they knocked off Jimmy! If anything Nucky really wasnt that much of a bad guy in season 1, he has steadily progressed through the two seasons to finally end up getting his hands dirty. If you remember in the first season they were constantly hinting at the fact that he needed to start leaning towards violence over politics. Nucky is becoming more of a gangster instead of a slick business man.

They definitly already hinted at in several episodes that Nucky suspects Margaret and Owen for having went at it and when she slipped up in front of him it got pushed aside but not addressed!

Cant wait for the next season. At least we have game of thrones to look forward to in the spring!

4. IcEWoLF

This was a last minute decision. (killing off the character Jimmy)
    They reported that Pitt and his agent and the some of the cast were having some issues.
    They did not speak about why.

I am looking forward to game of thrones this upcoming year, it should be very good!

5. ProfChaos

ProfChaos Member

Holy shit just watched the first season trailer. I'm hooked, need to get this shit ASAP. I've always liked Steve Buscemi, I don't know why.

6. IcEWoLF

First season was by far the best!

I can't say the same for season 2...
    Hopefully next season is better.

7. ProfChaos

ProfChaos Member

Damn so far seen the first 5 episodes. Great shit. I've always loved the women's style of the 20s and 40s.

8. Cerberus

Cerberus New Member

Just marathoned this show over this past week. I found the pacing of season 2 to be much fast than season 1. You knew season 2 was going to end with something big, Nucky going to jail or a major character being killed off. Too bad it had to be Jimmy...

Things I am looking foward to: Richard avenging his only friend? Nucky finding out Margaret transferring the land to the Church? Can't wait.

9. IcEWoLF

How about Nucky finding out she cheated on him?
    I don't think anything will happen to Margaret, but I can see the Irish guy (Owen Slater) to be among the departed next season.

10. Cerberus

Cerberus New Member

There are a lot of avenues they can take this now, with Jimmy gone. Jimmy was on screen like 50% of the time. I honestly have no idea where they'll go.