GTA:Vice City

Discussion in 'Gaming Reviews' started by Commander Molander, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Commander Molander

Commander Molander Member

Story:Having just made it back to the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch inside, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. But all does not go smoothly apon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. Tommy is set up, and loses everything. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back, and take over Vice City himself

Im sure just about everybody has played this game or another GTA, thats a given but certain aspects of this game seperates it from the other games due to its atmosphere.Vice maybe the smallest map in the series but this gave the developers more time to make each pice of the map fit together very well. The map is also suppost to resemble Miami in the glitz of the 80's whith biker gangs and discko clubs, with plenty of cocaine to go around. Not only does it resemble Miami But if you have ever seen scarface you would know parts of the game where built around the movie examples: Night clubs almost identical, lots of cocaine, people getting fucked over by gangs, cubans every where, Mansions, Drug dealers daughters,

0000003320_1920x1080.

Graphics: Maybe they were great in 2003 when the game came out but if you play it now the game is severly out dated. When you run people over they turn flat, one death animation for head shot kill and many repeating character models with poor movement and face animation. Im not complaing but its been a while and things change and get better so when you come back to older games you have played they look not so impresive.

Gameplay: The game is a blast just to run around on a rampage until you get mowed down by chopper gun fire in your boat full of .... cocaine. Its fun to rampage but after you have killed 20,000 cops and 300 police choppers you will play single player that is to me one of the best games for its story but what I think what makes the missions are the cutscenes. The voice acting is amazing and each scene offers you a different attidude and more depth to the story

0000003324_1920x1080.

In Game: The physics maybe not strong but I thought for the time the cars handled and reacted very well(almost to well). The weapons are great and there are many. The thing I like most there is no lock on in this game unlike in SA:GTA and all the others wich takes all the skill in killing. Theres also a cool bullet effect that trails the bullet and into your enemeys

Conclussion:Pro's- Great gameplay story, voice acting and weapons + tunz of cocaine

Con's- weak physics,YOU CANT FUCKING SWIM, police never stop coming, ONE MISSION YOU HAVE TO FLY A RC HELICOPTER INTO A BUILDING AND PLAT BOMBS, ITS FUCKING IMPOSIBLE,the most I have ever raged in a game because of that mission

Verdict.....9/10

2. Cup Full of LOL

Cup Full of LOL Contributor

This game had by far the best music! The only thing that I wish Vice City had to make it really great is the ability to climb walls or swim like you could in GTA/S.A.

3. Commander Molander

Commander Molander Member

I had finished a really hard mission and was on my way back to save. Bam my car hits another and I go flying into the water and drown

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

I also agree, the soundtrack for Vice City had to be the best one ever!
    -IcEWoLF

5. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Molander, just read this review.

Even though this is an older game, you outlined this game fairly well. Thanks for that.

I loved Vice City, and thought it was one of the best of the GTA games. You weren't as distracted as in San Andreas which was honestly too big. But I also agree with your assessment about the game physics. However, keep in mind that GTA: Vice City used the same engine as GTA III, which was just as revolutionary in its own right even if it was lacking is certain aspects.

Also I don't know about you, but that RC bombing mission was so fun. Were you playing this on PS2, PC or XBox?