GOP Debates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rev, Sep 22, 2011.

1. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to point out that Ron Paul is the most honest candidate in the running for the Republican nomination. The agenda he is promoting now is no different than that of what he has done in Congress and no different than what he promoted the last two times he tried to get the Republican nomination. He's a crazy old man with ideas, and probably the smartest one in the room, but no one is willing to listen.

Honestly, I wish the Republicans would wake up from this Tea Party stupidity. Stop changing the Republican line just to appease a small minority in your party. There's a reason why Ron Paul runs as a Libertarian when the Republicans reject him, because he is actually willing to continue pushing his agenda. Fiscal conservatism, and actual reduced government (not getting involved with private affairs that should be dealt by with the states).

Saint, I do agree with you, Paul has a really shitty foreign policy, but you know what, when Obama went in, his only policy was that I'm gonna do better than the last guy. One man doesn't have to know it all, but his staff does. Paul just needs a really good foreign policy advisor, and not his son Rand.

2. Sain†

Sain† New Member

I agree, and Paul has the smarts to surround himself with good people. I just think his message and his supporters are to abrasive to the the public. Hopefully at the very least who ever gets the nod makes him the treasury secretary or has him in their cabinet at a position of influence.

3. rev

rev Member

I think he needs to be abrasive so people will actually listen to what he has to say, rather than play the "pretty boy" card that the other two have been flaunting. To be in the third place position as a libertarian is very a tough spot to be in. Though, as smart as he is, he is doing it correctly and it's working. Like I said before, one of the main reasons I really like Ron Paul is that he has NEVER changed his views. He stands by what he says even if what he says seems absurd, and then explains himself in a manner that the public understands and eventually agrees with. He has the means and the will to be the front runner and I truly believe he will make it. Crazier things have happened.

4. Dehugger

Dehugger Contributor

Rick Perry. I want to have a job when I graduate college.

5. el jorge loco

Haha! Honestly, it wasn't because Rick Perry was governor that job growth went up, not even marginally.

Texas has a LOOONG history of deregulation. They set a sunset provision on a state-requirement for Contractors to get licensed and state enforcement of safety requirements which ended in 2008-2010 (somewhere there).

Rick Perry inherited the reigns of Texas' deregulation without much hoo-hah. The state's fund is partially paid by Texas energy to not regulate at all. As a result, no energy taxes. The only people who created jobs were the business that were already present that needed the labor force to meet the jobs that the state could provide. Perry's system doesn't work at the federal level, and there is no guarantee of the President being able to put anything that is too controversial through without approval from the Senate (which the Democrats have a slim majority in).

6. el jorge loco

7. rev

rev Member

Jon Stewart talks about how Ron Paul is being ignored by the media, HILARIOUS...!

[video]http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedailyshow.com%2Fwatch% 2Fmon-august-15-2011%2Findecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier%3Fxrs%3Dplayershare_fb&h=jAQDFcfw1AQCj7zAQ6WJbUnxhqBW0QCcRA3Ta8kBEfBm7mQ[/video]

8. Snowman

Snowman The 47 Ronin

I care that the only one man I would want for my president right now is the one being ignored .. Gary Johnson.. I hate Obama.. and I can't stand the current republican't field.... they are all wastes to me.. Ron Paul imo is a close second to being my choice for the repub ticket aside from that..
    but he has some serious issues... I DO NOT WANT ROMNEY OR PERRY AT ALL.. AND BACHMAN WOULD BE A FAILURE THAT SHE IS ALREADY..
    3rd pick for me would be Kain.. that's my view....

9. el jorge loco

Well Cain just took the Florida poll, so I have no idea what that amounts to.

Honestly, straw polls don't mean shit, because between now and the party primaries, anyone in the running could screw up.

10. Dehugger

Dehugger Contributor

I want perry because of his economic success and I think he could win. The man I would LIKE to see win though is Herman Caine.