What's new

Google Pixel

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
So far, I'm loving it, smoothness in both physical feel and performance. The fingerprint reader is so fast, a bajillion times better than the Note 4 having to actually swipe your thumb across. I need to take more pics as the camera's all I hear about but is also a big reason why I went for it.

el jorge loco

Staff member
Haha, I'm an idiot. I got transferred and ready to swap and didn't pay attention to specs in that it's a nano sim (Note 4 is micro). Will swap to a nano hopefully later today.
It's fairly simple job at any of your cell provider's stores.

Nutbutter

Staff member
So far, I'm loving it, smoothness in both physical feel and performance. The fingerprint reader is so fast, a bajillion times better than the Note 4 having to actually swipe your thumb across. I need to take more pics as the camera's all I hear about but is also a big reason why I went for it.
Yeah that fingerprint reader on the older model Samsung's sucked ass, I had an S5 and always had to fuck with it. I got the S7 Edge in July and the fingerprint reader is 100x better no need to drag your finger and can set a bunch of different finger prints works really well. That was my only complaint about the S5 I had. Now the only complaints I have about the S7 Edge is you can activate the edge by holding the phone on the sides if you don't have a case on it... but with a case on the phone it works almost flawless from that aspect... and the fact you can't buy and easily install a new battery.

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
I got the regular. I was already leaning toward not battling a tw0-handed phone, but the XLs were out of stock, so that sealed the deal w/ my impatience. :)
I got his & hers, mine black and hers silver/white.
I try to go as slim as possible in cases (or none), so I haven't done Otterboxes. Might be handy if I were in a demolition derby. I got this one:
I was hoping for a soft case, but I actually wanted the recessed holes using the actual power/volume buttons rather than the rubber buttons most use over the top of the original.

So far, still loving the phone. My 128GB is 1/3rd filled in like a week, so that's a bit concerning. Will have to trust Google Photos and delete originals as I go. Lots of pics/vids w/ 4 boys. :)
I wish the double-tap to wake feature would also double-tap to turn off like my old LG G2 would.
With all kinds of apps syncing in the background and my ZenWatch 2 using Bluetooth all day, my Note 4 wasn't making it to bedtime. It's a good sign that my first week with the Pixel has been handling the same jobs with battery to 30-50% near bedtime. I hope that can remain the same for a good while since it's not removable. :p

el jorge loco

Staff member
I am a hardcore power user of a phone because I play Ingress. That game eats up power like a beast because of the geo-location elements. That being said, I've found that on an average day of play, the battery lasts from morning charge to "get home" charge, although I do top off when I can at the office.

Battery life has been one of my biggest issues with the nexus lines (since I don't get the humungozord phones). Pixel has not disappointed me yet. However, I agree that I wish the battery was removable.

Space Cowboy

The 47 Ronin
I upgraded from a note 4 to the pixel back in november. Such a great phone! Have not had any camera issues and it still runs smooth as butter with a almost two days of use on a single charge.

el jorge loco

Staff member
I upgraded from a note 4 to the pixel back in november. Such a great phone! Have not had any camera issues and it still runs smooth as butter with a almost two days of use on a single charge.
It's funny, because I've read some complaints about battery life. I haven't had an bad experiences with the pixel thus far. Glad to know you like the phone too @Space Cowboy

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
Father bought the pixel and he absolutely loves it, I have to say it is a beautiful phone and it works great, the no bloatware has me on edge about getting rid of mine and the picture clarity. I just love my Galaxy S5 so much I don't wanna part with it just yet I'll give it another year to see what the next pixel will perform like.

el jorge loco

Staff member
Father bought the pixel and he absolutely loves it, I have to say it is a beautiful phone and it works great, the no bloatware has me on edge about getting rid of mine and the picture clarity. I just love my Galaxy S5 so much I don't wanna part with it just yet I'll give it another year to see what the next pixel will perform like.
You have the "rugged" edition of the s5 right?

If that is the case, your s5 has a better water-resistance rating than the pixel. In fact, a lot of phones have better water resistance. Honestly, if your phone still works and it functions the way you need it to, then you shouldn't be switching for the next new thing.