Google Pixel

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
Hola!

I caved and ordered a his & hers pair of Google Pixel phones. Mine should arrive tomorrow and hers on Wed.
I'll have to report back later. :D

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
I already have this phone.
Great minds think alike. I figured someone here must have it by now, but I don't remember any talk of it.
OK, so..since mine's out for delivery, I'd love to know your thoughts, but only if they're good. haha
I'm mostly concerned with the halo issue people are talking about in photos. If one of your taglines is "The highest rated smartphone camera. Ever." they probably should *may unnecessarily add big rings to your photos. :p

Ha, and I said only talk about the good and then follow with this.

el jorge loco

Staff member
I have not experienced the halo problem.

The case is unimpressive, but that may be a good thing.

Runs really smooth. Can definitely tell the difference from the Nexus line.

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
I have not experienced the halo problem.

The case is unimpressive, but that may be a good thing.

Runs really smooth. Can definitely tell the difference from the Nexus line.
Did you go with the XL? I have a Note 4 & also play with Amazon's cheap Blu HD R1. Turns out the dimensions for Pixel & Pixel XL are almost the same as both of those. I'm kinda tired of dealing with the phablet size of the Note 4, so I went with the smaller Pixel. I was happy to read that all the specs were similar other than resolution/battery and didn't pull that "dual camera only for bigger model" type of crap.
Maybe I'm speaking too soon. I'll finally unbox it and wish I went XL. :p

el jorge loco

Staff member
I didn't get the XL. Short story - my nexus 5X's usb-c port turned into a taser. Now the phone doesn't charge.

had to get a phone quick, and figured I'd move on up to the pixel via Google Play. No XL's available, only the regular pixel. So I got that.

It runs what I need it to do. I like having a restart option when you hold down the power button.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the fact that they decided not to do front facing speakers, which I loved on the 5X. Also miss the colored glowing light for notifications.

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
Haha, I'm an idiot. I got transferred and ready to swap and didn't pay attention to specs in that it's a nano sim (Note 4 is micro). Will swap to a nano hopefully later today.