What's new

GeForce 970 gtx ftw+ or stock 980 ?

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Its sad that nvidia can get away with this so far...no price drop and its been 2+ months since this was discovered about the RAM.

Fasttrak

Staff member
No competition from AMD side :(

No doubt, no competition and not only do you not need to push your development cycles, you don't have to lower your prices either. I really wish AMD would come out with something new and exciting, push the envelope a ton and see how Nvidia responds.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Hopefully they don't rebrand the HD295x2 to 390x <===now, that's funny!!!
I offered $280 for that guys 970 gtx, he replied no lol....its really only a month away from that price anyways....I know I was pushing the envelope.

Plus the EVGA one is the worst one from the list because of its cooling/performance and its not even ftw...its just a SC.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
I offered $280 for that guys 970 gtx, he replied no lol....its really only a month away from that price anyways....I know I was pushing the envelope.

Plus the EVGA one is the worst one from the list because of its cooling/performance and its not even ftw...its just a SC.
reddit.com/r/hardwareswap often has close to new 970s going for 250-300

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
Stop thinking about it so hard, wait for the 980Ti or 390x. Save a little more money and go all out. I will say my two heavily overclocked 780Ti's struggle a little in FC4 where the frames clearly dip below 60. Wait wait wait!