Gaming Audio

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
Wanted to share an awesome post on Head-fi.org. It is all about "the holy grail of gaming sound".

To me Audio is just as big as all the graphics and eye candy. A game with good audio is way more immersive than one with crazy graphics, in my opinion. This is especially true if you have some nice headphones or speakers.

so here is the post.
Quest for Holy Grail of gaming sound!

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
Awesome fuckin read.. wow, didn't know half that shit.. good thing theres rich people like this out there to test a million headsets to let u know which ones are the shit. Thanks havoc.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
That was a lot of read, but very informative.
I'd like to have a good sound card...
I've been using crappy sounds card since my razer sound card broke few years back..

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
right now I have a Auzentech X-Fi forte with a pair of Senn. HD555s. It takes some tweaking but when you get CMSS-3d set up right it is amazing. A decent pair of stereo cans like the HD555 or the ATH-AD700 (which are currently 64% off at amazon Link) work great with CMSS-3d or Dolby headphone. CMSS-3D is availible on any X-FI sound card and Dolby headphone is found on most things that are not X-Fi such as ASUS sound cards. The logitech G35 has dolby heaphone built in, so if you are considering it, check to see if your sound card supports cmss-3d/dolby headphone.

ps
I ordered a pair of DT-880s so my HD555s might become available shorty. might hold onto them for my ipod.

I love my g35, but I would like to upgrade my soundcard, Mines super old. The only reason I havent yet is because I dont know if it will be that much of a difference, - sound blaster audigy SE

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
I dont think it will make a difference to upgrade your sound card as long as you have the G35s. Not 100% on this but I think the G35 pretty much acts as a sound card. you could disable your sound blaster and any on board audio you have and see if I'm right.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
right now I have a Auzentech X-Fi forte with a pair of Senn. HD555s. It takes some tweaking but when you get CMSS-3d set up right it is amazing. A decent pair of stereo cans like the HD555 or the ATH-AD700 (which are currently 64% off at amazon Link) work great with CMSS-3d or Dolby headphone. CMSS-3D is availible on any X-FI sound card and Dolby headphone is found on most things that are not X-Fi such as ASUS sound cards. The logitech G35 has dolby heaphone built in, so if you are considering it, check to see if your sound card supports cmss-3d/dolby headphone.

ps
I ordered a pair of DT-880s so my HD555s might become available shorty. might hold onto them for my ipod.

Did ya order these? Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones (250 ohms): Electronics
These look awesome, but damn, $200 for a headset...