What's new

Game experience sucky after change to 128 tick

Delete

Contributor
Anyone else having this problem? I'm getting a serious number of times when I'm getting shot between frames. The game stutters for a second then I'm dead. Sometimes the player that shoots me isn't even on my screen yet. It happened every once in a while when the server was 100 tick, but now it's happening ... too much.

My computer runs GO at between 60-100 fps, at medium settings, so at 120 tick I'm losing a lot of frames. It's frustrating because the game experience has really dropped for me. When I play at 64 tick servers I have no problems.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
I changed it to 128 to see how the server performs- your problem has been noted.

I think you are right that it's your frame rate... perhaps I will change it back tonight. It requires a server restart, so I'm not doing it right now. Thanks for your patience :)

Delete

Contributor
I changed it to 128 to see how the server performs- your problem has been noted.

I think you are right that it's your frame rate... perhaps I will change it back tonight. It requires a server restart, so I'm not doing it right now. Thanks for your patience :)
Thanks for taking a look at it. I'm going to use IceWolf's advice and lower my rates ... I think 64 is safe. I'll see if that helps and let you know.