g110 keyboard

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by gregomyeggo, Aug 24, 2011.

1. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

man,if your needing a new keyboard soon then I would SERIOUSLY suggest this keyboard, its on sale and this is pretty much a steal, this keyboard feels really nice, can change the color schemes, has plugs for headset and mic in it, can change music while in game, has 12 extra g buttons on the side... I bought mine for 80, but now its only 55 dollars.
    Amazon.com: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110: Electronics
    u can change the color anywhere from red to blue, so anything in between that, basically only pink and purple, I stick with a blue-ish purple, looks kinda like white at times.

2. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

Save your money, this keyboard is built like crap and not that cheap at half price. If you like a real keyboard, only the old farts will get this, get one with micro-switches instead of thin film membrane contacts. Check out the link below for a keyboard that is built like the original IBM systems.

Das Keyboard: The mechanical keyboard that clicks

Fasttrak

3. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

? hmm ive had mine for over a year and its in amazing condition, ive even spilled water in it once and popped every key out and put them back in, they are still quiet, its an amazing keyboard if you ask me, and Ive had a lot of keyboards.

4. Fasttrak

No doubt thin film membrane keyboards are hardy, but tactile feel is pewp. Try a real micro switch keyboard and get back to me. Once you try it you won't settle for less.

Fasttrak

5. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

I kind of like the sound of it, but its way too loud... the daskeyboard that is

6. Fasttrak

Honestly, there is some noise, but it is more about a tactile feel of when the button activates. Even the secondary keyboard I use is a cheap Keytronics, same thing minus the LED's as your Logitech, and it clacks just as loudly in a dull manner with no real click. As I said, the older guys will remember the original series IBM keyboards. There was a time on Ebay when no one was making a mechanical switched keyboard and the older IBM keyboards were selling in excess of $300.00. They are that good.

Fasttrak

7. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

I still have an old school IBM keyboard ahaha...

I'm actually looking for a sturdy gaming keyboard right now to be honest. I really do miss the clickety clack of my old school Apple.

8. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

i'de rather not spend 130 dollars on a keyboard lol.

9. aggrorhythm

aggrorhythm Member

I'm a fan of low profile/shallow keystroke keyboards, they seem more comfortable to me. I'm not too much worried about all the extra features like USB ports and AUx ports on a keyboard. Keep it simple and sleek.
    Here is a sexy keyboard that I'm looking forward to buy a Logitech 920

10. Fasttrak

Yeah, I used to program on old Apple II+, lol yeah a few years ago, and their keyboards were similiar, just smaller footprint. For me, the larger layout of the IBM affords my hands more room and is just more comfortable for me.

Fasttrak