fuck the poh lease.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bossbitch<3, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Bossbitch<3

Bossbitch<3 The 47 Ronin

hamburglar you're funny....but not really. i did not grow up in louisiana nor have i spent more than 1 year there. nice try but you fail :)

ps: my mom paid for it for me.....$370 -_-

2. The Hamburglar

The Hamburglar Member

3. Boneless

Boneless Member

...y'all do know that not paying it and not showing up for the court date gets a warrant out for your arrest that is put on a system. That system can be accessed by most departments and they will detain you, then you get shipped to the jail that houses inmates for the area you got the ticket in. We get people here all the time for that.

4. Bossbitch<3

Bossbitch<3 The 47 Ronin

i knew it! they just wanted me to be put away :( wah!

5. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Well at least this is past you Boss :)

6. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

Someone's got to pay for the shipping and handling!!! How much one ends up paying? I would think a lot more than if you just paid the ticket in the first place.

7. Boneless

Boneless Member

...they still do it, lol.

8. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

Aw you fuckin kidding me? My mom makes me pay for every little thing. Haha I wish my mom would pay for my speeding ticket.

On top of that, I have to give my little brother lunch money every week and when I bring home awesome food (Papa John's pizza) they eat like 2/3 of it.

9. Bossbitch<3

Bossbitch<3 The 47 Ronin

sucks to be you.

10. Bucknasty0001

Bucknasty0001 New Member

A common solution to avoiding payment of chicken-shit tickets is as follows:
    1. Apply for a court date, unless of course the court date is mandatory.
    2. In either of the aforementioned cases, if you are given the option of extending or postponing your court date, do just that. Postpone it to the latest date allowed.
    3. Show up to court, and hope that the cop that wrote you the ticket does not show up. In the case that he doesn't show, and you plead not guilty to the offense, then the case gets dismissed automatically.

I know this works for sure in the state of Illinois, because it has happened to me on several occasions, and I avoided paying hundreds of dollars in court fees. In MA, I'm not 100% positive, but I imagine the system works in a somewhat similar fashion. I live in CA now, and I face an upcoming court date for not wearing a seat belt. I'm going to approach it in the same way I described above, and hopefully I'll get off without having to pay.

There is always the temptation to just pay and get it over with, so that you don't have it hanging over your head. I have given in to that temptation in the past. But now, I see the big picture. The county clerk doesn't need your $300, nor has she done anything to deserve it. I believe it is much more fruitful to play the system. Just stay organized, write down important dates on a dry erase board, and/or in a notebook or journal, and show up to your mandatory court dates. Show up to court wearing a suit, just in case the cop who wrote you the ticket appears. You won't get punished for pleading not guilty and attempting to make your case.