What's new

Fasttraks 3Dmark 11 tests

Surrender

The Ronin Enforcer
The 47 Ronin
most def. it gets and stays pretty consistently warm here in san diego. and where im living doesnt even have a/c so even with my cooling situation i leave a good amount of room for the rising temps. my cpu is clocked down from the 4.0 i had in the winter to about 3.6 now that its really starting to get close to summer.

Shaun fbody

The 47 Ronin
You also have to leave some headroom for the hot days of summer soon to be here. I left mine with quite a bit of overhead as we hit temps nearing 100 most of the summer so that just makes it tougher to keep electronics running cool. I could pay for AC but way too cheap and really don't mind some heat as long as the fans are moving air around.

Fasttrak

i keep it pretty chill in my new house... my last house was 2000+ sq ft and the electricity bills would be $300+ in the summer ("energy efficient home") but here I think the highest bill last summer was $90. which is NICE. my last house was 2 story too, which didnt help...
I keep the ceiling fan on in the office, as well as a little 8" floor fan pointed towards the case. ;)

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Overclocking to me it's an addiction.
I kept OC'ing my 2700k to 4.8ghz then realized I was killing my processor.

I want this CPU to last me at least 2+ years.