BANNED Driver

This thread is a great example of why 47r is one of the premier public servers in CS:S.

Even during a ban/hack discussion...something that can get very testy... the admins and players kept their cool and had an adult discussion. They also provided ample evidence and clearly spent time looking at it before coming to verdict.

Not trying to brown nose but I just wanted to point this out. Rare to see in the gaming world.

el jorge loco

Staff member
Saint, one of my friends was on the verge of cussing me out because, in his mind, we were too much of a pussy to take a hardliner stance on bans. And I was reasoning: CS:S is a dying game. Yeah, there are still a few servers that are constantly full, but you're competing for less players, most of which have the attention span of a goldfish. If I could drop the banhammer on everyone I suspected off the bat without evidence, that would be great, but it wouldn't do much to maintain/expand the prestige of the server.

Maybe when CS:S came out originally you could have dropped the banhammer without too much repercussion, but let's see where those servers are now. Process and stability is why people decide to stick around and join. It's the same as the U.S. if you look at it. You cannot deprive anyone (whether American or foreign) of their right to life, liberty, and property without due process of law.

Haze

Contributor
This thread is a great example of why 47r is one of the premier public servers in CS:S.

Even during a ban/hack discussion...something that can get very testy... the admins and players kept their cool and had an adult discussion. They also provided ample evidence and clearly spent time looking at it before coming to verdict.

Not trying to brown nose but I just wanted to point this out. Rare to see in the gaming world.
Agreed and that is why I like this community so much.

what he said....