Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Gaming Reviews' started by el jorge loco, Sep 1, 2011.
I cannot get the goddamn basketball in the net.. wtf. *rage
Anyways, a few things I couldn't process in my head as I writing this at 1am or so in the morning after playing it ahaha.
(1) Locations!!! For the love of God, the locations are amazing. China is just the most expansive setting, comparable to the visit in the original Deus Ex to Hong Kong. I honestly just love the Shanghai/Hengsha area because it is a paradise for a fully-upgraded 'hanzer'.
(2) Hacking Mini-game: I know a few folks who got sick of this for awhile, but I thought this was the most immersive hacking system. It is thoroughly consistent and it can be learned even without the assistance of the Hacking: Info Augmentation Mod.
(3) MGS except better warning system. Essentially if you loved MGS, you will love this game as well. It shares a lot of similarities, though it has been noted that Adam Jensen starts off weaker than Naked/Solid Snake or even the guy from Splinter Cell.
(4) Methods. I know I mentioned this in the review, but the methods to this game to play it just make it replayable like Mass Effect, but it is unique in that most jobs aren't just simple retrieve an return jobs. All of it advances the storyline. There are few throwback achievements that are hidden until you do it that harken back to the original Deus Ex. Punch through walls, hop from tall buildings, etc. God damn it's a fun game.
(5) Easter Eggs. By God this game is loaded with a ton of Easter Eggs that aren't necessarily hidden, but you have to look as they sit in plain view (or hearing). If you walk through alleyways you hear random folks whistling a certain tune from the original game. A gramophone plays the Cathedral theme. Robocop mentions. Funny passwords an login names. 0451!!! This game is the king of Easter Egg Hunting.
(6) Just overall fun. Like Cutscene mentioned, this one of very few games that can just be played in an addictive fashion that doesn't require an internet connection.
Fuzion, if you want the "cheaters" way of getting the stupid basketball in the damn net with your augmented arms that make you throw the basketball like a baseball in the hands of baseball pitcher, let me know ahaha.
Nice review jorge. I bought the game last night, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Everything I've read has me excited though.
FYI, for anyone that wants to buy it. You can get a digital copy for 34.99 on amazon. You don't even need to download the game from amazon. Just take the activation key that they give you and add it to your steam library.
Amazon.com: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Pc: Video Games
I'd like to point out that there are few minor annoyances that you may or may not ignore:
(1) The radio. God damn that radio is annoying. As Fuzion says: "If I hear about Billy one more time, I'm going to go destroy this game!"
(2) Certain augs may interfere with how you want to play, namely the Icarus Landing System.
That is all that I can think of honestly. The game is just pure fun. I eagerly await the DLC they are releasing soon.
Nicely done, Jorge! Kudos. I just saw the TV trailer. It actually piqued my interest. Now, if only I can convince myself to repair or replace my gaming rig I might buy the game. There's always my 360 though. (bracing myself for the flaming)
I just picked this game up and have enjoyed it a bit last night and this afternoon. It does have an open-ended feel to how quests and missions are to be completed. At times this is good and others some what frustrating to just find the location on the map.
I find that I am not that stealthy of a player and end up just murdering folks enmasse, much easier as some one always hears me or sees me. The police station was an absolute bloodbath. Still at the beginning and looking forward to where this story goes.
Stealth is a bitch because the AIs are pretty intelligent as to finding you out. I still have a problem going full stealth.
lol fuzion. I made the basketball on the third try xP
Adam Jenson is jc dentons father...there ruined the whole game for you guys.
I'm kidding. Great game though allready played through it twice. The pacifist/no alarm run through can be pretty damn tough though. Also tip for bosses, frag mines and grenades make short work of all of them.