CSGO Programmer creates fake hacks to get 5k+ hackers banned!

d00b

The 47 Ronin
It's still insane to me how many people feel the need to hack. I guess with the popularity of trolling these days, it only makes it worse. What's a better way to piss people off online than to have BS kills on someone who's spent hundreds or thousands of hours on the game perfecting their skill, only to meet a dip shit who will insta hs them around every corner?

I get pissed enough as it is in source when a 5-15 player hits me in the head across the map while blind spraying, I can't imagine playing in a more serious setting and actually have people walling, but I can't spec them to see.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
Bottom line to all this hacking is, why pay money(15$ on sale?) to play a game just to download hacks to cheat? Like what is the sense in that? It's the same logic that is applied to voting for hilary clinton, NONE.

el jorge loco

Staff member
It's still insane to me how many people feel the need to hack. I guess with the popularity of trolling these days, it only makes it worse. What's a better way to piss people off online than to have BS kills on someone who's spent hundreds or thousands of hours on the game perfecting their skill, only to meet a dip shit who will insta hs them around every corner?

I get pissed enough as it is in source when a 5-15 player hits me in the head across the map while blind spraying, I can't imagine playing in a more serious setting and actually have people walling, but I can't spec them to see.
I can get being pissed on GO about this especially during MM, which affects your ranking.

However, I don't see this being an issue on source. Between servers that have SMAC that catches shit like aimbot very well and diligent admins/members/players with effective communication, the obvious hackers go away very quickly.

Who you have to generally watch out for on Source are the hackers who hide their BS well.

d00b

The 47 Ronin
Who you have to generally watch out for on Source are the hackers who hide their BS well.
My specialty is wasting time on people I think are walling, even if they're like 5-15. We had one guy on our server that I thought was BS and I spent hours researching it all and watching him haha He is perma banned for walls now, but he was definitely good at hiding it and he played for quite a while and never got detected by any anti-cheat shit we are running.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
With the emergence of the overwatch system, I'm actually more annoyed. I prefer to see my hackers blatant and quick, so the game is over and everyone knows what an ass they are. Now that people can get overwatch banned, they are more careful in hiding it (especially at higher levels). I save a screenshot at the end of every game and use a website to track steam IDs for bans. Almost all of the people on my list who get banned won the game I played with them like 16-13, or 16-14. The most infuriating games to lose, especially to people you pretty sure are hacking, but aren't like 10000% sure. I'd rather be scout pre-fired through double doors for 16 rounds than subtly walled for 30.

For you CSS guys, overwatch is a system where users can watch demos scrubbed of player info and decide if the person is cheating (or griefing). If they are, then the user selects that on a menu afterwards, and if enough people who watched that demo agree, the person gets a ban. It's supposed to filter out the obvious hackers, which it has done.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Too bad this didn't get those VIP hacks people uses... Theres a bunch of VIP hacks out there that even the pro players used before getting caught.