CS:GO Beta Footage

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by FuZion, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Electrocity

Electrocity New Member

That was entirely Valve's intention if I'm not mistaken. The engine is still source, but they seem to have maximized the potential of the engine seeing as how much better csgo looks than css, while still having that source engine look.

They wanted to keep the counterstrike gameplay as is, because that's whats worked. Interviews with Valve devs have consistently shown that they're not going to add cover mechanics or iron sightings and other stuff that the rest of the FPS's in the market have, because that's not counterstrike.

I'm really looking forward to this because they added some new weapons, grenades other than smoke/flash for added utility. And I think their target audience for this is both 1.6 and CSS. They mean for this to succeed both of those and the gameplay will be a blend between 1.6 and CSS. Because right now, 1.6 and CSS play somewhat differently in terms in shooting, physics, registry, etc etc. But CSGO is sposed to somehow blend the two in such a way that they mean for it to totally combine and succeed both 1.6 and CSS. Idk how the hell that's gonna work, that's what I'm looking forward to the most.

2. Sakin

Sakin New Member

Lets just hope it doesn't flop like condition zero.

3. Surrender

Surrender The Ronin Enforcer The 47 Ronin

lol ksharp sucks now. i thought it was hilarious when the guy talking called him out on the retirement hahah

4. Electrocity

Electrocity New Member

i don't even know why condition zero was ever created. i think it was valve's fail attempt at trying to please the single player crowd.

5. Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend Active Member

not so sure about cross platform play.