What's new

CPU Heatsink

yarr

The 47 Ronin
Mines pegs are all busted and the thing itself is bent and I can't get it to work anymore. I'd just buy a new one but are they all universal? I want to make sure it works with my CPU. I know I will need some arctic silver and I guess a new heatsink.

Snowman

The 47 Ronin
Oh.. crap that sux! And sadly no, not all are universal, you have to buy for specific form factor (aka Lga775, 1366, 1150/1155/1156, etc) and that's just some of Intel's pin sizing, Amd's are different as well, so depends on CPU. Hope this helps ya.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
Pin spacing looks like 775/1150 which is cheap and easy fix. Lemme know your CPU and can recommend one for ya

tuc0

What is your cpu? I have spare OEM cooler-fans for AMD and intel. You're far from me though.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
What socket?
I can send you a CoolerMaster 212 Plus upon reequest....
Now those are nice Heatsinks :D Have mine and boy it is cool inside there

Only thing universal are the sockets being able to move to your CPUs. For instance the CM 212 comes with two types of bracket one for Intel and one for AMD both adjustable.

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
What socket?
I can send you a CoolerMaster 212 Plus upon reequest....
Nice! I just finally swapped the stock AMD fan I had with a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO. What a world of difference.
It's a beast I didn't think would fit in the case, but it's near silent in comparison and so much cooler.