What's new

CPU and GPU suggestions

kaM

The 47 Ronin
Is MC that much cheaper than say, newegg? My first build was a mix of newegg and a fry's store hah. I'll finish researching things soon and post a list, I'm leaving Utska today and won't have internet till we get to the hotel.
For a few things yeah. Microcenter has always been known for cheap processors. 4790k is $339 on other sites, where MC is $279 and I've seen it as low as $199 (this went fast, but with the 4770k)

d00b

The 47 Ronin
I doubt there are any near me in Mississippi, honestly. This build keeps getting more and more expensive haha I'm at like just under 2 grand now.

And my last question is on motherboards. There are just so many to choose from with so many features. Any advice? I'd like a mobo with good enough audio, so i don't have to buy a card or an amp like I had to previously do since my headphones were too OP for the stock audio card hah

kaM

The 47 Ronin
I doubt there are any near me in Mississippi, honestly. This build keeps getting more and more expensive haha I'm at like just under 2 grand now.

And my last question is on motherboards. There are just so many to choose from with so many features. Any advice? I'd like a mobo with good enough audio, so i don't have to buy a card or an amp like I had to previously do since my headphones were too OP for the stock audio card hah
Motherboards are pretty simple these days. I would say for for a Asus Z97 board, I think it's the Z97-A board that is pretty good. I'm running a pair of Seinheiser HD598's right now off a Asus Maxmius board and they still sound pretty damn good

d00b

The 47 Ronin
i5 4690k - $240
EVGA GTX 980 ti - $680
Asus Z97 mobo - $ 140
Crucial MX100 256 GB - $ 210
G. skill Ripjaws 8 GB - $55
Corsair CX750M - $80
Corsair H50 liquid cooler - $60
Corsair Carbide 500R arctic white - $120
LG blue ray drive - $55
Windows 7 - $100
Asus 23" monitor - $160

Total $1900.00

I actually had that same mobo on my wishlist, but was unsure. I go with high rated compatible items and it was at the top of the list. I also will need a keyboard. I want mechanical, however, I just ruined two laptops by spilling beer on the keyboards, and ruined a razer keyboard previously with whiskey and ash from cigs hahah I don't have a problem, I swear.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
Go with a simple mechanical keyboard like a Coolermaster one (I'm using one now) got it cost me like $70

d00b

The 47 Ronin
I like the 15 dollar logitech keyboards, since i can completely trash them but they still hold up, and if not, its 15 bucks. Hah I will look into that keyboard, though. I've never used a mechanical, but have heard its magic.

I will most def use that site when actually going to purchase the parts, the price I gave is from newegg solely. This is going to be a sexy PC! Thanks for all the advice.