What's new

Counter Strike: Global Offensive server suggestions!

mclovin

-NEED more admins, it's frustrating seeing them all in source when people come in to the GO, spam and leave. we have 3 solid admins in gaspar, stable, slave who are active (and whoever else hops in is helpful no hard knocks there) but we need more. i got someone in mind who will be applying who's admined in the community before.

-we need MOTD or intermittent messages of registering on forums, we have some solid regulars who come in when were populated, and i think forum links would make a difference.

- is there a server ranking issue with having 26 compared to 32 as far as how often the server is filled? because i feel once we get past the 22 member part of the server we fill up to 26 and then get a queue for a solid few hours. i think if we can keep it at 32 we'll draw in a ton of people at peak hours, get more favorites, and with more advertising, gain a solid base of members and more admins.

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
-NEED more admins, it's frustrating seeing them all in source when people come in to the GO, spam and leave. we have 3 solid admins in gaspar, stable, slave who are active (and whoever else hops in is helpful no hard knocks there) but we need more. i got someone in mind who will be applying who's admined in the community before.

-we need MOTD or intermittent messages of registering on forums, we have some solid regulars who come in when were populated, and i think forum links would make a difference.

- is there a server ranking issue with having 26 compared to 32 as far as how often the server is filled? because i feel once we get past the 22 member part of the server we fill up to 26 and then get a queue for a solid few hours. i think if we can keep it at 32 we'll draw in a ton of people at peak hours, get more favorites, and with more advertising, gain a solid base of members and more admins.
We added SlaVe as an admin recently... There are about 10-12 GO admins right now... Got to remember school has started back so most of them are busy I suppose

mclovin

We added SlaVe as an admin recently... There are about 10-12 GO admins right now... Got to remember school has started back so most of them are busy I suppose
yes i understand, and sorry i forgot to also add @WarFreakz he's a regular admin too. but i just see you guys in, and i understand you guys all have different schedules, but to be frank there's a lot of time during peak hours we don't have one active atm, unlike the CS:S server, and i'm only comparing you guys the CSS server in the past 5 years now (yeah its a tall order to be on par with the CS:S server, but i think the GO could easily transfer to a next gen of regular/members)

Last edited:

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
I'll turn it back to 32 (or maybe just 30) when I figure out how to do it, lol.

Your other concerns are taking being dealt with. The server has been doing much better as of late, it's just really to get going.

mclovin

i know its a heavy bill to fill too compete with the css server as it's lasted for 5 years+...

but i think like CZ to CSS was, CS:GO needs to be able to meet the next level.

i do appreciate you fixing the max server pop... and i am committed whenever i'm online too filling it with 1 or more friends. soon we'll make it more if we get the MOTD messages up. the biggest difference i think we can make is advertising our website atm. i already try to recruit off hand to regulars.

TykoDank

As far as server suggestions, I would say add block, and I personally feel like the auto switch is way to random and switching people when things dont need to be switched, and if you do get switched you lose all your money that you had. Also if you die really early in the round you can get moved to spec before the round even ends forcing you to not be able to play the next round because you are stuck in spec. Maybe allow map vote instead of playing dust2, inferno, mirage in that order could get kind of old for players who stay in there to see the full map rotation. Just a few suggestions ( :