What's new

Counter Strike: Global Offensive server suggestions!

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
If you have any suggestions that you want to add for our Counter Strike: Global Offensive servers please post them here!

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Hmm so I heard we are going to use Mani this time. What plugins are you planning to add with Mani beside the basic admin control?

I was thinking maybe we can try adding the votekick plugin to ward off hackers and afkers.

kazuo Kiriyama

Contributor
Yeah that would be cool, like Ghonzo said. Today we had some people posting immature racial remarks and though an admin was quick to get on, it was quite annoying to see them spamming the page for a few rounds.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Hmm so I heard we are going to use Mani this time. What plugins are you planning to add with Mani beside the basic admin control?

I was thinking maybe we can try adding the votekick plugin to ward off hackers and afkers.
Mani Admin Plugin is bad, especially when updates are released often, they are slow updating their mod, this will mean no admins for a long time. The original dev is somewhat MIA.
Mani use to cause lag spikes, we used them for almost 4 years. The plugin itself is bloated.
Things went down hill since then.

I don't even think Mani Admin Plugin currently at this state even supports CS:GO.

If the time comes I am willing to check out Mani Admin Plugin on a test server and see how it handles, but for right now SourceMod is 10x bigger, more devs, more plugins, overall a much more neater and coded product than Mani.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Mani Admin Plugin is bad, especially when updates are released often, they are slow updating their mod, this will mean no admins for a long time. The original dev is somewhat MIA.
Mani use to cause lag spikes, we used them for almost 4 years. The plugin itself is bloated.
Things went down hill since then.

I don't even think Mani Admin Plugin currently at this state even supports CS:GO.

If the time comes I am willing to check out Mani Admin Plugin on a test server and see how it handles, but for right now SourceMod is 10x bigger, more devs, more plugins, overall a much more neater and coded product than Mani.
Hmm we have different experiences with Mani XD Never had issue with Mani plugin back in my old server and our clan scrim servers. Maybe cuz back then devs were up to date with the mod :(
Right now SM is good I dont have any complaint with them so either one works. Hopefully Valve will be true to their update and not constantly breaking the mods and fixing their updates...

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Mani did have everything all in one, reason why it was really bad, it's easy to put all plugins in one admin mod, but a pain in the ass if one of the mods in mani went bad...
Reason why developers are slow at updating it because they also have to update Mani.

Unless things turn around, I am going to pass on Mani for now.

Sakin

Would it be at all possible to lower the round time in the 24/7 rotation server? I feel 2:30 might be a better round duration whereas the current round duration (I think it's at 3:00) is a little high. Is it at all possible to remove the vote option yet? When playing in the server tonight someone put up a map vote right in the middle of the map, and when the option passes it changes right away instead of waiting for the round to finish, which can be very irritating. Other than that the 24/7 rotation server is pretty fun, even if the game is a little flawed.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Would it be at all possible to lower the round time in the 24/7 rotation server? I feel 2:30 might be a better round duration whereas the current round duration (I think it's at 3:00) is a little high. Is it at all possible to remove the vote option yet? When playing in the server tonight someone put up a map vote right in the middle of the map, and when the option passes it changes right away instead of waiting for the round to finish, which can be very irritating. Other than that the 24/7 rotation server is pretty fun, even if the game is a little flawed.
Those changes were made earlier on the day, unfortunately I did not restart the server since the game file will not take effect unless the whole server gets restarted.
So by tomorrow morning this will be updated.

B1-aine-92

Is there anyway to mention the other server on the Office/Dust2 server. Like "Join our rotation maps server IP: 66.151.138.89" or something close to that. Maybe it would help populate the other server.

Fred

Contributor
Is there anyway to mention the other server on the Office/Dust2 server. Like "Join our rotation maps server IP: 66.151.138.89" or something close to that. Maybe it would help populate the other server.

This is a great idea!