What's new

build me a PC!

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
shit shit shit and more shit...

windows 7
nvidia gforce 9800gtx(power supply cant support it anymore)
8gb ram
intel core 2quad Q8300 @ 2.50ghz
roughly 1 terabyte of memory

the cpu is like 5-6 years old..bought it late 2008 i believe.. in desparate need of upgrade.. it freezes quite often.. blue screen a few times. was beast when i got it.. just not anymore.
Did anyone catch this? " ===== roughly 1 terabyte of memory :jchan:

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
A clan full of gamers and 90 percent of the rigs are circa 2006-2008.... I thought more people would have high end systems... Kinda makes sense now why so many people play source.... If anyone is interested I'll build rigs at no commission you just ship me the parts and I'll build and oc everything

Sent from my Nexus 5
In my defense, I accumulated massive debt in my college years constantly upgrading. Many years later, I'm still in debt, but have the house, cars, wife & 3 kids that come before computers. And it's true what you said, solely playing CSS makes my old rig more than powerful enough. :D

Nice offer. Building nice rigs with other people's money is even more fun. :D

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
Let us know what video card you going to get. Then we will build the PC around it with the budget you have.

Spray

The 47 Ronin
Like I said the CPU was awesome 5ish years ago. My power supply is going along with the video card.. When a game gets busy. iE: 32 player gun fight at long.. It lags real bad and sometimes freezes..sometimes it'll freeze up just surfing the internet not doing anything special. It's just time for an upgrade and refuse to put new parts in an old CPU.
Hmm 5 year old comp freezing on idle. Replace your HDD with SSD yet?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Globe*

The 47 Ronin
i was and still very happy with my nvidia geforce 9800gtx but things have changed so much since buying it. thats why i created this thread... ive read reviews and have looked around a little bit but its all foreign these days. i wanted suggestions from people who actually know what they are talking about. what i do know is i will choose nvidia over amd on the sole fact all ive ever had is nvidia cards.... and i love asus products.

Kommando Kodiak

Since your current computer is freezing download and install HW monitor check your CPU temps make sure its not hitting 100C
I know what I'm doing. What resolution do you plan on playing budget is what 1-1.2K?

This build doesnt have an optical drive or a windows CD either you have your own windows CD and use your existing Optical drive or your legitly download(yes there are legit DLs & predicated on you having a CD key & its not at some torrent site, its a Microsoft affiliate) the ISO for your version windows onto a flash drive and use your existing windows key for the install. Just swapping your current into new hardware wont work IF ITS AN OEM copy of windows which are tied to the hardware, necessitating a reinstall.

oh right i still cant post links ok sorry bud youre gonna have to google these parts compare these parts at newegg and amazon pick the best price for you

1. Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive Optional if you believe your current one wont die on you

2. MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support G-SYNC Support Video Card

3. Rosewill ARC M550 Continuous 550W

4. G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C10D-16GAB

5. ASRock Z97 Anniversary LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard OR GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97

6. Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646I74790K

7. ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Rev. 2 CPU Cooler <== cheapest on amazon

8. DIYPC Solar-M1-R Black/Red SECC ATX Mid Tower USB 3.0 Gaming Computer Case w/ 2 x 120mm Red Fans Case is up to you if you have an existing or dont like this one find one you do

total before shipping & tax at newegg $1,023.72

Last edited: