What's new

build me a PC!

Globe*

The 47 Ronin
Gonna be buying a new PC with my tax return.. I'm kind tech challenged as I've fallen off the wagon the last few years. Can 1000-1200$ get me a decent gaming CPU?

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
You can build a GTX780 rig if you spend the money well by getting the right parts for your use.

Globe*

The 47 Ronin
shit shit shit and more shit...

windows 7
nvidia gforce 9800gtx(power supply cant support it anymore)
8gb ram
intel core 2quad Q8300 @ 2.50ghz
roughly 1 terabyte of memory

the cpu is like 5-6 years old..bought it late 2008 i believe.. in desparate need of upgrade.. it freezes quite often.. blue screen a few times. was beast when i got it.. just not anymore.

Dickfor.

The 47 Ronin
LOl yah i think 1000 dollars could get you a very nice CPU.
I got a 750 W psu to sell you if you want it.
Corsair TX750
$35 or 14 Winter Offensive Case keys.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
@Globe* you got a Microcenter near your place? Their CPU + mobo combos are really killer deals. You can build a decent computer for around $800 and higher tier for $1200-$1500 depending on GPU and mobo you wanna spend money on.

PSU that Dickfor mentioned is good but be warned it is not modular :p But its a Corsair and I personally own that PSU and hasnt failed me or hiccup.
HDD + SSD probably the way you wanna go right now. You can get an 1TB WD Black for around $80-$90 if you look at the right places. SSD Newegg has some Samsung 840 on sale right now and later on as well.

For Mobo if you're going with Intel Haswell I recommend the Asus Sabertooth Z87 or Asrock Xtreme 6