What's new

Counter Strike: Global Offensive Bug's Application for 47Ronin

Spicy

The 47 Ronin
Hey Bug, welcome to the forums! Be active in the server (easy part) and here (took me a while).
And good luck with your build.

Bug582

@Nutbutter

hey tahnk you sir, and thank you for your service as well. what was your mos? Also...uh....can your cousin hook me up with a job? i can send you my resume. (yeah its gotten that bad here in cali people, im sending my resume through a fucking gaming website in hopes of a real world job).

One thing is thatI got to be patient with the x ray tech thing...im trying my ass off to put down at least 5 applications online a day, and its a give and take between me knowing its gonna take awhile possibly, and me being overly anxious. It all has a lot to do with me moving out too. Im 26 and im living with mom and dad, my old man and me dont get along a lot of the time.

As far as the pubs go, i love the ronin servers. Im always on go, and not really on css anymore. Can i make a suggestion on the csgo server? At least for me, i feel like the csgo server is often empty, or close to empty, a good....40% of the time. Can there be bots implemented in the server, on insane difficulty, just so i can support 47ronin? its hard to support 47ronin if noone but me is on the server. and even when theres a few people on the server....2v3 or 3v3 is....meh.

~thanks in advance

Nutbutter

Staff member
When I joined the Army back in 02 I was slotted to be a 92G for 2nd of the 75th, but after Airborne school in going to RIP they told me my security clearance would not be approved so they shipped me to 320th FAR for the 101st. After my tour in OIF 1 I dropped my packet to reclass to 18C but only made it through half of the Q-course and ended up ETS'ing.

My cousins husband is a x-ray tech here in the Phoenix area but is not a supervisor, or in a position to hire or fire so not sure that he would be much help other than me asking him if there are any openings in the hospital. Have your tried to check with your local VA... I know they have lots of programs that can help you find something.

As for the server we do our best to keep it full but there are times when that is not possible and have experimented with bots before and this tends to turn people away from the server instead of helping to increase popularity.

Bug582

Ah, I see. The server with the bots is understandable.

With radiogrpahy jobs, a big help is knowing someone in the business. There's a few people that are here in cali that tell me thats a big reason why they got hired, as well as others. Like i said previously, I'm pretty desperate.

Very interesting about you trying out for the 18 series, im about to start a 2 year workout regime that will hopefully get in my into shape to the point where i can pass the course. Do you have any insight on that training?

Nutbutter

Staff member
As for insight on passing SFAS. 1. You had better really want to do it cause if you don't really want it in your heart you will never last. 2. Be able to trouble shoot and think on your feet. 3. Get a 300 or perfect score on your PT test. 4. Be able to run 7 to 10 miles and a pretty fast pace. 5. Do lots of ruck marches with at a minimum of 65 lbs.

Keep in mind this is just to get selected to be in the course. Buy the time you get into the course the ruck marches stay the same speed 15min mile or less but the weight increases up to 100 to 120 lbs. When I went through SFAS we had 465 guys in my class and somewhere around 140 of us got selected. Some failed the PT test, some quit, but the majority got dropped due to failing the land navigation course. Buy the time I finished the course which was 21 days, 6 of of which were class room and gear draw/return days, 15 total days of physical training. I estimated around 250 to 275 miles of rucking and running. And at the end of the course there was a undisclosed distance forced ruck march/run which most of us thought was about 20 miles. So needless to say it is not a physically easy course by any means.

Bug582

I hear that. if and when you get selected, i head that you get to choose a specific job in sf. Weapons, communication, medic, etc, and i was interested in communication. What languages are there that you have to learn?

Nutbutter

Staff member
Well yes you can select your job but it all depends on your GT score. When I was in the max GT was 130. To be accepted to SF you had to have a 110 or above. But as I recall you had to be higher to get Com, Eng, and especially Medic... think medic was 120 or higher. I had a 127 so had the pick of the litter but decided to do engineer cause you get to work w/ explosives and the medic program took like 2 years to complete but when you finished you were a few classes and a test away from getting your PA in the civilian world. But when you get to your team everyone cross trains each other so you end up knowing all the jobs... well to a certain extent.

As far as language goes your GT score it highly dependent on that as well the guys at the bottom ended up w/ Spanish but as I had a high score I had the pick of the litter there as well and was slotted to go to 1st SFG which is the far-east and was gonna do Korean as I am half anyway. But as I recall, vaguely since it was almost 10 years ago, in ascending order Spanish, Russian, Arabic, and lastly the Asian languages of which Mandarin was the top tier and far as difficulty.

I wouldn't worry about the language and MOS as much as being physically and mentally ready just for SFAS. The rest will fall into place as you progress through the different stages of the course. Yes have an idea on what you want to do but you have to have the first step before you are taking any additional steps. My deployment in OIF 1 helped me to pass the course just by wearing and caring my flack vest, plates, water and ammo every day... you would be surprised how much strain and extra 45 lbs puts on the body when your wearing it like a shirt everyday. Its best to let your body get used to increasing weights.... and learn how to run and maneuver with it. If you can do some 2 mile runs with just a fack jacket and plates then add more weight as it goes on. I did a lot of quick sprints with a 80 lbs ruck over like 2 to 5 miles. Train hard but prior to going to SFAS let your body get a good rest will very minimal work outs for around 5 days so it can heal and when you hit the selection course you will be in peak condition..... just listen to your body and see how much time it needs to be back at full speed... some guys may need 2 weeks... some may need 2 days... everyone is different.

Nutbutter

Staff member
As for recruitment into the clan... I can't stress this enough... Y O U M U S T B E A C T I V E O N T H E F O R U M S.... as well as the server.