Beta gameplay bf3 with my computer.

Discussion in 'Battlefield Series' started by suicide george, Sep 28, 2011.

1. suicide george

suicide george Member

Keep in mind guys all FPS will have a significant affect on your game. For instance, if a player you are shooting at has say, 70 fps on his machine and you have all the eye candy but sitting at about 40 fps, your already 30 frames behind that individual or almost one second behind him in frames. Meaning he has already seen you and spotted you a second before you even render him. If he is getting 80 fps, then your 2 seconds behind him and it only goes down hill from there. Do not confuse this with lag, thats a different scenario. The good news is most games and multiplayers keep everyone in sync regardless of frame rates but if they do not, then your like one legged man at an ass kicking contest. So take it from me, having the eye candy only improves your "wow" factor in the game, not necessarily your gaming.

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Thanks for the clarification George :)

3. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

Tonight george ill record some vids as well, ATI and NVIDIA comparison, I'm running 2x6870s and ur running a 580 right? For those who are running 68's for beta, I'm running everything @ max settings with 80 - 120 fps, depending on outdoors or indoors. with 1900x1200 full aa, wanted to note on this as well the game is only running DX9 right now. Not DX11 with tesselation. When that releases ill probly have to turn down a few things. Another thing I noticed is the game does not suck up resources that much, I can alt tab like butter, only crashed twice out of a 9 hour session gameplay. The graphics are buggy, like when loading certain area's my computer will freeze up for a min, then go back to normal. Pretty sure its what george said is due to memory leaks. Or possibly drivers that are currently on beta. The game very proudly takes full advantage of Sli and Crossfire and eats those 2 cards up for what there worth. Also wanted to let everyone know it was announced that these aren't the actual ultra settings. They will release those with the final release of the game.

4. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

I wouldnt say its that bad george, but I want to know how to check fps...
    im running everything on high settings with everything maxed except for shadows because when I go from low to high shadows it doesnt seem to make ANY difference at all in visuals. and shadows tend to eat up fps in games real bad.

5. Pure3ify

Pure3ify The 47 Ronin

Video wont play for me, that is depressing. I wanted to see some amazing BF gameplay. I will like anyway because its BF3.

6. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy The 47 Ronin

so what are some bugs you noticed so far on pc version? ill list some i noticed on xbox, will be weird if there is some of the same i would think?

when standing, kneeling or prone the char often slides very slowly left or right then settles a bit out of place from where it started.
    while sprinting, occasionally the char stops sprinting randomly and goes back to normal run speed, you have to stop fully to begin sprinting again.
    char often vaults over strange things when it could just jump over. (saw someone said that for pc)
    kill cam is dumb as shit.
    minor graphical glitches.
    knifing animations seem very wonky, along with knife reg/targeting, "wonky" reg at best.
    defib pads also need a fine tuning for reg/targeting, i seriously would try and rez guys that just died like 5 times before it would catch on them
    prone stance looks just like a dead person, causing confusion.
    opposing team char models are hard to tell the difference imo
    jumping and vaulting needs to be fine tuned, i found it hard to jump over and run by all kinds of things that it should've been seamless to get by.
    metro level has a lot of dumb shit all over that you cant run over or past, invisible walls in the subways, strange edges and rocks that get you caught up on.

thats all i can think of off the top of my head, hopefully i can find more tonight.

7. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

I think that's what we were all actually looking for George ahah

8. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

I got some good vids recorded, I'll record some more tonight and put'm on the forums :cool:

9. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

the only ones that I can confirm are the team models... the vaulting needs a bit of a tune, people are going inside of the ground constantly. knifing animation is a bit wierd, it doesnt make a sound right now and it just seems like they are an air filled body and stabbing into nothing.

as for the kill cam, I think its nice, you get to see what that person is using on their gun easily, and they make it like that so you cannot just spot where the person killed you from hella easily. although I think it should be like that for hardcore, and they should actually show the kill from their view in regular mode.

10. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

George, I would really love to hear what you think the bare minimum is to run this game decently would be? My system is now a couple years old, top of the line at the time, and not too sure how it really ranks against some of these newer CPU and GPU. Not really desiring to toss down 3K dollars at the moment but I know the time is approaching where I will have to. I know my GTX295 is kind of dated, as well as probably the i7 920 with 12 gigs of ram. Guess I could just upgrade possibly to dual Nvidia cards and buy some time before I need a new mobo and cpu.

Fasttrak