Battlefield 3 Alpha testers Do not buy game elsewhere!

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Pre-ordered from Origin maybe 5days ago for CD not the digital :( Do i still get to play on the beta?? Fuking $64 for BF3 and i feel like it was worth every penny right now it better not disappoint me XD

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
I have digital, but having a CD is not all that bad :).
I am sure they can work something out for you...about giving you the option to pre-load the game before its released from origin, even if you ordered the CD.
May want to contact EA/Origin customer service.
-IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
umm.. isnt the beta OPEN? Ive been hearing that for a while now, never heard of them having a closed beta.

Here is what I gathered.
Open Beta for Battlefield 3 (Origin Exclusive)

Players who pre-order the game from Origin will be granted early access to the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 when it goes live in September 2011. Early Beta access is for US PC Download customers only.
Also this is a big +
Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch

Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading insures means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install.

would just like to add that the beta is garunteed for everyone. it states OPEN BETA. closed beta's are the selective few that get lucky... if you pre order from origin you will be garunteed early access.
Origin

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
Also note that BF3 will require Origin. :( but its not that bad of a program.

@ grego, yeah, its Open, so most people will be able to play the beta at some point. The early beta access wasn't the deal maker for me, the free game and having the game ready to install at exactly 12AM was :D (for buying through origin)

Also note that BF3 will require Origin. :( but its not that bad of a program.

@ grego, yeah, its Open, so most people will be able to play the beta at some point. The early beta access wasn't the deal maker for me, the free game and having the game ready to install at exactly 12AM was :D (for buying through origin)
same thing for me. I didnt wanna have to install the game after it came out while everyone else was already palying it.... that hurts me inside.. xD but the early beta is a plus for sure. and the back to karkand for free.. thats nice.

I just now pre ordered mine :)