Battlefield 1

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Whos getting BF1 or already pre-ordered it ( YOU FOOLS)? Been keeping my eye out on this game and so far the alpha launch and gameplay looks solid.

However it seems like DICE still haven't really improved on their Frostbite engine much and all the collateral and building effects seems much like BF4. People are saying they added more destruction but I don't really see the difference beside leaving craters from bombardments on the ground.

Hopefully I can try the open beta and see whats about. Lot of good review on the new squad system so hoping we can get a 47Ronin squads going. Other than BF1 there's really nothing to look forward this year titles. Hopefully DICE and EA will let users create their own servers instead of running off their shitty servers...

kaM

The 47 Ronin
I used to play the original Day of Defeat game back in the day and I loved it. BF1 has me pretty interested to say the least. I'm still waiting for some kind of beta to determine if I dish out any money for it. Hopefully it's just not another Star Wars Battlefront remake type of game.

You can do community hosted servers in BF4 so you should be able to do it in BF1.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
I used to play the original Day of Defeat game back in the day and I loved it. BF1 has me pretty interested to say the least. I'm still waiting for some kind of beta to determine if I dish out any money for it. Hopefully it's just not another Star Wars Battlefront remake type of game.

You can do community hosted servers in BF4 so you should be able to do it in BF1.
Yea I use to play the original CoD and Battlefield those were one of my favorite shooters other than CS lol. I really hope DICE doesnt screw BF1 or I probably will stop buying BF series and just stick to CSS, CSGO, OW, and League.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
I'll wait for some patches to come out before I buy another game from them. I learned my lesson one too many times now. But I will most likely buy it eventually.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
I really want to like BF games, especially this one. Looks super cool and the idea is really fun. But man, I just can't enjoy them. The maps are too big, movement feels awkward (idk why)...

and I HATE vehicles. HATE THEM. They don't belong in FPS.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
I really want to like BF games, especially this one. Looks super cool and the idea is really fun. But man, I just can't enjoy them. The maps are too big, movement feels awkward (idk why)...

and I HATE vehicles. HATE THEM. They don't belong in FPS.
They announced a feature today where on a game mode the game expands over multiple maps at a time... HUGE maps, this is one reason why I'm buying it haha. BF1 vehicles are... slow and not insane to the point where they are boring.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
I hope so, but beyond that I just couldn't get into it. Maybe because it isn't the twitchy shooter that I'm used to like CS (or from earlier years, COD). Everything just feels clunky to me. It's either die in a wonky close to mid-range fight or get sniped by some dude half the map away sitting in a bush.

IDK, it looks really fun, but I learned my lesson from the last BF game or two I bought.

Fasttrak

Staff member
I finally saw some video of actual gameplay and I am happy to say, it looked like fun. It didn't hurt that it is based on WWI and seemed more oriented on ground troops with simple weapons instead of a bazillion different armored vehicles and planes dropping cluster bombs. The maps seemed even smaller than the original Battlefield and the graphics seemed pretty good with nice weather effects. This might just be a hit, especially for those that enjoyed playing Day Of Defeat.