Should 47R get a Bad Company 2 server?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
I've been bugging Ice to get a BC2 server for the lead-up to BF3. My thinking is that we can get the 47R name out there in the battlefield world and possible begin recruiting players for BF3.

What do you guys think?

server can be hosted on our VDS.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
I disagree, only because it takes a while to gain a consistant gain of a population for a brand new server, by the time that happens. BF3 will be out and we'd be supporting a server that might be empty most of the time. I only know this because of the last team I was in did the same thing but the servers are hard to populate sometimes and keep a casual community like cs:s.

save the money for BF3.

I hit "Yes" by accident sorry, should have commented sooner! If I had a computer that was up to date and could support those games I'd be all for it, but my graphics card is not good enough.. Doesn't support "Pixle Sharder 3.0" or something like that.

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
My reason for installing a bc2 server on our VDS (no server rental) is to start the bf3 community early. The theory is that a ton of people will be playing BC2 in anticipation of BF3, so if we can utilize some spare server bandwidth to attract some dedicated battlefield players we will be a head of the curve when bf3 drops later this year. so when bf3 drops we get rid of the bc2 server and put in the bf3 server.

My reason for installing a bc2 server on our VDS (no server rental) is to start the bf3 community early. The theory is that a ton of people will be playing BC2 in anticipation of BF3, so if we can utilize some spare server bandwidth to attract some dedicated battlefield players we will be a head of the curve when bf3 drops later this year. so when bf3 drops we get rid of the bc2 server and put in the bf3 server.
yea I feel the same way. I say yes. I thought we could have more servers anyways? for any game we wanted? or was it just valve games.