What's new

Anyone use Vesa Mounts?

-L-

The 47 Ronin
I'm looking to get a dual vesa mount for my two monitors. my current desk has limited space and cant place both monitors on it and i think i can solve this issue with the vesa mounts.

One monitor is for a 100mm mount the other has a 75 mm mount.

anyone have suggestions on a good one to look at.
currently looking at this one

kaM

The 47 Ronin
Reviews look good in that one. I use individual clamp ones for my desk for a bit more customization.

Oregun

The 47 Ronin
Hey there, this use to be one of my specialties at my old job. I am very familiar with VESA mounts. The VESA 100x or 75x means nothing really, its the size of the monitors. They have brackets that you screw onto the back of your monitor and should be able to support both 100mm and 75mm holes. The trick is having enough space between them so they dont block each other or overlap when mounting them side by side. VESA is just the pattern of which the holes are setup in, on the back of the monitor, IE square shape. What size are the monitors? What you have in your link is for TVs hence why they have all the extra room for 400mm, they may fit weird on your monitors or you may need to use longer screws in order to reach the holes... NeweggBusiness - Planar 997-6504-00 Large Format Dual Monitor Stand is for smaller monitors no more than like 19-20''. and NeweggBusiness - PLANAR 997-5253-00 AS2 Black Dual Monitor Stand is for like 22-32'' monitors. As you can see here NeweggBusiness - Ergotron 60-254-007 75 mm to 100 mm Conversion Plate Kit they have 2 holes per corner to fit either 75mm or 100mm VESA patterns. Something like this would be good for up to 24'' http://www.walmart.com/ip/17480474?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227014498568&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40881705992&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78811469792&veh=sem and if smaller you can slide them more towards to middle so the monitors edges meets in the middle for a more even design. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oregun

The 47 Ronin
but with this one he has to clamp it on his desk which might damage said desk if its something he may not want to scratch and have the weight of the monitors dig into the surface. also not sure what size monitors those support...

Oregun

The 47 Ronin
but with this one he has to clamp it on his desk which might damage said desk if its something he may not want to scratch and have the weight of the monitors dig into the surface. also not sure what size monitors those support...
sorry meant to quote on kami's response.

v.Kamikaze

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
sorry meant to quote on kami's response.
just quote my post, copy it, edit your post, and paste it in ;)

Didn't he post a desk-mount one? lol... you can put a small piece of plastic/wood/metal or something to protect the desk, if you like.

Oregun

The 47 Ronin
sorry, i may have gotten confused. we call those clamp stands and the ones with feet, desk mount stands.

-L-

The 47 Ronin
Hey there, this use to be one of my specialties at my old job. I am very familiar with VESA mounts. The VESA 100x or 75x means nothing really, its the size of the monitors. They have brackets that you screw onto the back of your monitor and should be able to support both 100mm and 75mm holes. The trick is having enough space between them so they dont block each other or overlap when mounting them side by side. VESA is just the pattern of which the holes are setup in, on the back of the monitor, IE square shape. What size are the monitors? What you have in your link is for TVs hence why they have all the extra room for 400mm, they may fit weird on your monitors or you may need to use longer screws in order to reach the holes... NeweggBusiness - Planar 997-6504-00 Large Format Dual Monitor Stand is for smaller monitors no more than like 19-20''. and NeweggBusiness - PLANAR 997-5253-00 AS2 Black Dual Monitor Stand is for like 22-32'' monitors. As you can see here NeweggBusiness - Ergotron 60-254-007 75 mm to 100 mm Conversion Plate Kit they have 2 holes per corner to fit either 75mm or 100mm VESA patterns. Something like this would be good for up to 24'' http://www.walmart.com/ip/17480474?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227014498568&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40881705992&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78811469792&veh=sem and if smaller you can slide them more towards to middle so the monitors edges meets in the middle for a more even design. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dont know the model numbers top of my head but they are 23" is the 19-20in one individually height adjustable? one of my monitors isnt centered for the vesa