Any semi pro/pros out there to give advice?

Hey I'm always hoping o improve my game in csgo and even css. Im usually only rolling on csgo though. Anyway, I'm trying to get ahead of the game by improvng my weapon accuracy, especially with my go to wep, the ak.

Some of the types of servers im rolling on:

-1v1 servers
-headshot only servers
-5v5 servers

Right now im going through the tough stage of trying to get better with shooting. Its a basic and simple way to put it, but I want to get ogod with short and long range distance. So im talking with a steam friend of mine, and he suggests, that practicing aiming for the head at all times is the way to go. He wsaid it will take 2-3 months for the effect to kick in, but once youre trained with shooting for the head, you'll be golden. This kid is an 18 year old prodigy, i think he told me he got tot he second to highest rank in csgo and ran a semi pro csgo team.

Any helpful tips on aiming, espcially with the ak? i really enjoy the headshot only servers, but when i do a 5v5, comp, or 1v1...it doesnt translate well to reality. I'm still working on it man, ;/ add me if you guys want to pm me through steam.

Steam Community :: Bug

Attachments

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Hey I'm always hoping o improve my game in csgo and even css. Im usually only rolling on csgo though. Anyway, I'm trying to get ahead of the game by improvng my weapon accuracy, especially with my go to wep, the ak.

Some of the types of servers im rolling on:

-1v1 servers
-headshot only servers
-5v5 servers

Right now im going through the tough stage of trying to get better with shooting. Its a basic and simple way to put it, but I want to get ogod with short and long range distance. So im talking with a steam friend of mine, and he suggests, that practicing aiming for the head at all times is the way to go. He wsaid it will take 2-3 months for the effect to kick in, but once youre trained with shooting for the head, you'll be golden. This kid is an 18 year old prodigy, i think he told me he got tot he second to highest rank in csgo and ran a semi pro csgo team.

Any helpful tips on aiming, espcially with the ak? i really enjoy the headshot only servers, but when i do a 5v5, comp, or 1v1...it doesnt translate well to reality. I'm still working on it man, ;/ add me if you guys want to pm me through steam.

Steam Community :: Bug
I would never aim for the head unless they are standing still and you know you will hit the head. I usually aim for the chest as it is the biggest area to aim and hit. Best to know how the spray pattern works for the guns you would be using the most. For some reason I do really well in DM but when it comes to MM I suck big time especially with my awp. I cant do my usually quick/flick shots I do in DM to MM. I think it was Kam who posted a series of guns with their spray patterns.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
Different guys will work at ranges differently. I can kill someone across the map with a USP, but up-close LOL yeah right.

Ak is a gun where a close burst to the head and insta-kill easy. If youre spraying, you want to be aiming almost at their feet because it will spread up for a headshot

Oregun posted this a while back

d00b

The 47 Ronin
It's crazy people get so into cs! I've never really went out of my way to learn much to be on the pro level. I play source a lot and use scout/deagle almost exclusively. All I aim for is head, and either I do very well or I suck, since that precision accuracy needs to be spot on and if you aren't feeling it, you aren't feeling it. It sure is fun those seldom nights you're on fire though, one deaging everything that pops out. I think aiming for head is great and all, but for competitive/more serious play, playing like ghonzo would probably pay off more, in my opinion.

All the people who have been/are really good at cs that I know almost always have lower HS percentage than I do, but their KD and accuracy are higher than mine.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
And a lot of it comes down to playing smart, not peeking around the corner at the wrong time, bursting at someone at a distance instead of going spray crazy and getting killed

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
And a lot of it comes down to playing smart, not peeking around the corner at the wrong time, bursting at someone at a distance instead of going spray crazy and getting killed
I should record and post a demo of myself. It'll be titled "What NOT to do."

v.Kamikaze

47R|Source Division
The 47 Ronin
playing smart includes
  • paying attention to your radar,
  • using sound to detect where people are,
  • knowing how many players are alive,
  • knowing how many bullets are left in your mag (prevent excessive reloading),
  • know your choke points,
  • know how to shoot from cover,
  • know how to clear a section before exposing yourself too much,
  • knowing where to plant and how to defend that plant,
  • etc.

As for aim, thats just practice. with AK, as long as one of your shots hits the head, they die quick. otherwise, you'll be shooting them long enough to get shot by someone else. spray pattern is good for when your caught off-guard, but short, quick burts is where it's at - at least in source and all previous versions (i dont play GO much, so I wouldnt know).

Back in the day, we used to practice with AWP/Scout/Deagle to hone our aim - translates well to other guns.

Also, there's a muscle-memory, target-practice spray out there, its good to practice those flick shots Ghonzo mentions - you dont shoot it, you go from the center and trace each dot (like running suicides during basketball practice).

@ kamikazi

Fantastic advice, thanks for all those hints.

I'm actually on point with those quick bursts. Spraying for me is only necessary when you are in close to medium close range, usually i only employ it when im seriously caught off gard as well. Like, when some dude jumps out of the bushes and i have little time to react or aim for the head. I just spray around...2 feet in front of their feet and hope for the best.

2 bullet bursts though are my specialty. Its just so frustrating though when i see people go 100% spray and, since they are putting more bullets down range quicker than i am, i die a lot sometimes. Its infuriating, im taking close aim, staying mobile, not trying to crouch, and theyre just 100% derp status and jamming on the left mouse button. I think its all in due time, i have got to to continue to target practice.

In conclusion, I
-only spray at close to medium close range
-anything longer than that, 1 or 2 bullet bursts while moving slightly back and fourth, keeping close attention to the crosshair (as youre moving, your accuracy is lowered, but as son as you stand still, its good to go and THATS when i shoot)

also, what you said about the deag, scout/awp...its very interesting. Do thsoe guns translate well to the awp then i take it? even when the socut and awp have zoom features, while the ak does not?

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

@kaM

Spray patterns are very important, but at my skill level im just trying to learn when and when not to spray. Poeple say aim down and to the left with the ak, in my eyes, it matters only so much honestly. It depends i feel on how close or far away you are from them.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
When I catch myself spraying and not hitting anything, I realize, stop and just burst and it's a kill while they are still spraying and missing me.

I mainly awp and don't spend that much time with other guns if I don't have to

yeah i hear that.

The serves are pretty dead today at the moment. How can i build rep in a clan if im the only one in the server :O