Any gas efficient cars not vomit worthy?

Discussion in 'Auto Section' started by Fasttrak, Aug 17, 2011.

1. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

You have plenty to choose from. Check link below:

Fuel Economy

It's not a man-car, but I would drive a Toyota Corolla for commuting. Currently, I drive an '08 Mustang GT and Nissan Pathfinder. I don't work that far, so fuel cost is bearable for me. My wife drives a 2005 Corolla, and when I get to drive it sometimes, I'm impressed. It's light, peppy, and most of all gets 35-40mpg, highway.

2. Cup Full of LOL

Cup Full of LOL Contributor

Same here, my job is a little over a mile from my house hahaha!! My wife on the other hand works far, but she has a 2009 Infinity G-37S, which has a v6 3.7 liter engine making around 325 horse power. It gets 20/28 MPG city/highway....hahaha!! But she's okay with that. I kind of influenced her to disregard MPG over style/performance!!:cool:

3. Nutbutter

Nutbutter Staff Member Moderator

Not sure if this is in your price range but the Mini Coopers get off the charts MPG have alot of pep for a stock car but can be a little pricey... on the flip side though there resale value is among the best out of all cars so what you spend you can get back if your mileage is gonna be on the more temporary side.... out side of that if i were driving that much on the reg I may think about a motorcycle or an older honda accord or civic w/ a 4 banger.

4. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

I really didn't qualify my needs very clearly. Yeah I love alot of the more sporty cars, but when you are puting 35K+ miles a year on a car it soon becomes a piece of constant repairs. Still leaning towards a diesel simply from the fact they are low wear and high mileage cars. I have heard VW TDI's in Europe selling for a hefty penny with 250K+ miles on them. That is the shit I need! I love my WRX, fun, gets me from A to B as quick as I can afford the tickets just starting to eat money in repairs and it is only three years old. Will check out the new model as the dealer I have is one of the best in the nation and called me recently to come check out the new lineup and offered me a decent trade in value on my tired WRX. Didn't realize they had gotten them up to 36mpg.

Fasttrak

5. Fasttrak

I would be all over doing my route on my motorcycle, shit that would be hot! Sadly, I have sales material to carry plus samples and I am required to have an actual vehicle. Plus, laying down a bike in a suite would be pretty fucking messy. I think Honda has gone to shit and is fairly down my list, hell I would take a Chevy Cruze over a Honda right now. The Cooper is real cool, just does not hold up well to high mileage.

Fasttrak

6. Nutbutter

Nutbutter Staff Member Moderator

VW's are expensive to fix but are pretty good cars all in all... the TDI's get great gas milage but desiel is more expensive. About the honda's I said an older honda... ie. 90's model that is cheep and you can still keep the WRX for the fun driving ;) . But yea MC 50 MPG risk and reward... but not too sure how BIG your sales mat is :) . About the Mini's they are very high rated... if i had to drive alot i would do this over a hybrid unless i drove 35k or more per year then I would do the hybrid and keep for 2 or 3 years and get rid of it before you need to replace batts. :)

7. Fasttrak

I may look at that new mini wagon thing they have out, I do need some luggage capacity as I have to do a ton of wine tastings lately. And I would never buy a Hybrid, shoot myself before ever driving one of those turds. Rape the planet of tons of heavy metals to make a shit-ton of batteries I have to fill up with electricity burned from coal, yeah that is real green..

Fasttrak

8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Mini is small!
    I hear they are fun to drive, but way too small!
    I think a Prius has 2x the room.

9. Fasttrak

I think you are right, and I would NEVER own a Prius. Might go out this weekend and do some test driving and play, "Dodge the asshole car salesman lines of bullshit!" See what these cars are like actually driving them.

Fasttrak