Any gas efficient cars not vomit worthy?

Fasttrak

Staff member
I need to get something besides my WRX, premium gas at 23 mpg is killing me. New territory and my weekly avg mileage is about 650 miles and with a rightoff of .55 cents, I need something that makes me money. Toss me your thoughts on a car that isn't a turd with three cylinders, 65hp and looks like a reject from the former factory known as Yugo..

Fasttrak

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Whats your budget?
I'd suggest getting the new Subaru Impreza 2012! They re-made it and its more efficient than ever and people are saying it still got some hp and its ligther!
2012 Subaru Impreza | The All-New 2012 Impreza Sedan
-36MPG
-AWD
-Price = A+
I drive a legacy, but If I was worried about MPG then i would have gotten this car.
This is a 2012 model and so far its impressive!

I need to get something besides my WRX, premium gas at 23 mpg is killing me. New territory and my weekly avg mileage is about 650 miles and with a rightoff of .55 cents, I need something that makes me money. Toss me your thoughts on a car that isn't a turd with three cylinders, 65hp and looks like a reject from the former factory known as Yugo..

Fasttrak
You would hate to be me then.....I use Premium on my 1973 Charger (440ci) and my LS1 240sx (both v8's). My 240sx isn't that bad, in fact it's really good in the freeway since I have 6th gear and it rev's under 1,500RPM at 70+ MPH believe it or not. (LS1's have a tall 6th gear). But around town, both my V8's are gas guzzlers.....I feel your pain. BUT!!!! My 240sx coupe has the stock KA24de (4 cylinder), and it runs on regular 87 pump gas and gets around what you're getting WITH some mods. So if you leave it stock unlike me, you'll get even better mileage. A 240sx S14 model will best suit you plus it looks sick!! It has awesome MPG! Phokyu has one, ask him yourself.

3650099714_153f1e47b8_z.jpg

That's how a 240sx S14 looks like ^^

Fasttrak

Staff member
My budget is what I make it, the funds are not an issue within reason. Right now juggling the new TDI for Volkswagon, yeah shit hp and that is fine at 45 mpg. I can write off my mileage at .55 cents a mile so the less it costs me per mile the more I can actually make at the end of the year. I wish Toyota would bring that fucking Hilux in 2.5L turbo diesel, good mileage and would allow me to get rid of my Chevy, save money on insurance and kill two birds with one stone. Sad thing is everything that gets better than 35mpg is a gutless turd.

Fasttrak

My budget is what I make it, the funds are not an issue within reason. Right now juggling the new TDI for Volkswagon, yeah shit hp and that is fine at 45 mpg. I can write off my mileage at .55 cents a mile so the less it costs me per mile the more I can actually make at the end of the year. I wish Toyota would bring that fucking Hilux in 2.5L turbo diesel, good mileage and would allow me to get rid of my Chevy, save money on insurance and kill two birds with one stone. Sad thing is everything that gets better than 35mpg is a gutless turd.

Fasttrak
Yeap!! I'm all about performance and high power, so I'll never get "good" gas mileage. You'll NEVER see me in a electric/hybrid vehicle....unless it's a rental and I'm out of town or the country.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Well did you check out my link about the Subaru Impreza 2012?
I think thats a decent looking car with 36MPG + AWD.
Best economic car I've found within budget.
VW makes good TDI cars..and probably better built quality.