android : froyo vs gingerbread. upgrade or no?

Snowman

The 47 Ronin
I have just got a motorola atrix. It has froyo (2.2) on it.. is it worth it to upgrade to gingerbread(2.3) just wondering if anyone else has any thots on it?

Well, irl, froyo can be made to taste like gingerbread, but it's never quite right, cuz you can't catch the gingerbread man.

I realize none of this makes sense. :unsure:

Surrender

The Ronin Enforcer
The 47 Ronin
ive had a atrix for awhile and i got my gingerbread update like a month ago. its way better bro. get it. it shits on froyo imo. oh and youll love the new way the screen turns off when you lock the phone haha ;]

-L-

The 47 Ronin
for 2.3 it is worth it for the atrix. you wont be able to make use to the full potential of the dual core you need 2.3. 2.3 sucks on evo btw but it is worth it for the atrix

Surrender

The Ronin Enforcer
The 47 Ronin
you dont lose anything from anywhere. it tells you to back up just in case but i didnt and afterwards i didnt lose a thing

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
It'd probably be more debatable if it weren't an official update. I've flashed my original Droid a billion times with custom ROMs and many failed or had issues. I've reinstalled stuff so many times, it's like living in boxes from constantly moving. Being an official update though, I'd be shocked if anything were wiped out.