Alien isolation

I will post up here as soon as I get more time to play it.... Right now I haven't been so pissed about how a game turned out since Duke Nukem Forever... This game would have been okay in 2009... Fucking plastic people.... No lipsync to dialog.... QTE everywhere... Retarded unnecessarily complicated controls and bullshit just about everything else... I'm going to finish the game because I paid for it.... It is NOWHERE as good as any of the teaser footage.... Ten minutes into the game I watched someone run into a wall and dissappear.... And all the bullshit invisible walls is garbage to... Fuck Fuck Fuck................. Lets not forget the scripted scenes that were cgi using low poly game models at 30 fps.... If you are going to use game models why not just render them at the 144+ fps of ingame?

This game should have been in development for another year so it could have been half as polished as a standard AAA title.... But fuck you SEGA... Why did I pay for a SEGA game? Because FUCK YOU give me your money it is an Alien game....

*bangs head on desk*

Ridley Scott created the atmosphere with Alien with lighting and atmosphere... the lighting in the game is about what a 2006 AAA title could have commanded... The game looks like shit... lighting is shit... the cut scenes are artifact ridden garbage at 30 FPS... if this game was developed by an indie studio on a small budget then I could accept how it looks ... this is supposed to be a AAA title in 2014!!! how could any game studio release a game that looks and plays like this???

This is going to be more of a rant then a review so yea

I spent 4 minutes crawling through vents in a very linear fashion and watched the character in front of me shoes clip through the floor... having mannequin hands clip through the walls shuffle our way through the corridor to have him killed with a shit cut scene 30fps artifacting shit video of him getting dripped on from above to get killed from behind.. wtf were they thinking when the did this?? why wasn't he pulled up the chains like Tom Skerrit was in the 1979 scifi horror masterpiece????

I think there whole it is scary atmosphere is sparking wires and bullshit lighting... this isn't even a decent survival horror game...

I was forced to go through the 4 minutes of crawling through vents because my character could not walk over luggage strewn across the hallway... Really?!?!?!... how is this acceptable in a modern game? why is there no jump button??? why are the controls so complicated??

To throw a flash you need to press R to activate... stop moving... hold down right mouse button then aim then press left mouse button the throw... WTF?!?! why not just use with left mouse and then click again to throw?!?!?

I am not 30 minutes into the game and I am so pissed about the quality of a release AAA title I want to burn my SSD so that I never have to play the game again

BTW the way the alien moves is total BS and it is not scary in the least... if you want a good scare watch the promo videos.. the alien is a total retard in game and so are the humans.... how... how could a game be released like this in 2014?!?!?!

Everything about the game that should make it immerseing is broken... from the simple models and lipsync.. which in my OP should not be an issue with modern software and technology...

I cant wait to be finished with this piece of crap so I can delete it off my SDD... to think I preordered this so I could get the crew expendable addition.. order 2436 according to mother... I am going to drink untill I black out so I can pretend that I have never paid for this game...

Maybe sometime this year a game will be released that will be worth playing on my $5,000 custom water cooled pc... something that will look like a AAA game and have a story line that I could get behind...

As of 2014 Wolfenstien: The new order is the best game I have bought and easily looks better, modeled better, lighted better, voice acted better, lip synced better... well fuck it is just a better game with a POS game engine....

I might continue to post my thoughts inline to this and the reply's

Don't but the game.. it is a turd and by no standard a game worth more the $5.99 on a steam sale

*end rant*

Last edited:

el jorge loco

Staff member
TL;DR (because I did read the whole thing since I basically agree with all of it, but thankfully never bought it) - Aliens games by Sega suck

mclovin

I will post up here as soon as I get more time to play it.... Right now I haven't been so pissed about how a game turned out since Duke Nukem Forever... This game would have been okay in 2009... Fucking plastic people.... No lipsync to dialog.... QTE everywhere... Retarded unnecessarily complicated controls and bullshit just about everything else... I'm going to finish the game because I paid for it.... It is NOWHERE as good as any of the teaser footage.... Ten minutes into the game I watched someone run into a wall and dissappear.... And all the bullshit invisible walls is garbage to... Fuck Fuck Fuck................. Lets not forget the scripted scenes that were cgi using low poly game models at 30 fps.... If you are going to use game models why not just render them at the 144+ fps of ingame?

This game should have been in development for another year so it could have been half as polished as a standard AAA title.... But fuck you SEGA... Why did I pay for a SEGA game? Because FUCK YOU give me your money it is an Alien game....

*bangs head on desk*

Ridley Scott created the atmosphere with Alien with lighting and atmosphere... the lighting in the game is about what a 2006 AAA title could have commanded... The game looks like shit... lighting is shit... the cut scenes are artifact ridden garbage at 30 FPS... if this game was developed by an indie studio on a small budget then I could accept how it looks ... this is supposed to be a AAA title in 2014!!! how could any game studio release a game that looks and plays like this???

This is going to be more of a rant then a review so yea

I spent 4 minutes crawling through vents in a very linear fashion and watched the character in front of me shoes clip through the floor... having mannequin hands clip through the walls shuffle our way through the corridor to have him killed with a shit cut scene 30fps artifacting shit video of him getting dripped on from above to get killed from behind.. wtf were they thinking when the did this?? why wasn't he pulled up the chains like Tom Skerrit was in the 1979 scifi horror masterpiece????

I think there whole it is scary atmosphere is sparking wires and bullshit lighting... this isn't even a decent survival horror game...

I was forced to go through the 4 minutes of crawling through vents because my character could not walk over luggage strewn across the hallway... Really?!?!?!... how is this acceptable in a modern game? why is there no jump button??? why are the controls so complicated??

To throw a flash you need to press R to activate... stop moving... hold down right mouse button then aim then press left mouse button the throw... WTF?!?! why not just use with left mouse and then click again to throw?!?!?

I am not 30 minutes into the game and I am so pissed about the quality of a release AAA title I want to burn my SSD so that I never have to play the game again

BTW the way the alien moves is total BS and it is not scary in the least... if you want a good scare watch the promo videos.. the alien is a total retard in game and so are the humans.... how... how could a game be released like this in 2014?!?!?!

Everything about the game that should make it immerseing is broken... from the simple models and lipsync.. which in my OP should not be an issue with modern software and technology...

I cant wait to be finished with this piece of crap so I can delete it off my SDD... to think I preordered this so I could get the crew expendable addition.. order 2436 according to mother... I am going to drink untill I black out so I can pretend that I have never paid for this game...

Maybe sometime this year a game will be released that will be worth playing on my $5,000 custom water cooled pc... something that will look like a AAA game and have a story line that I could get behind...

As of 2014 Wolfenstien: The new order is the best game I have bought and easily looks better, modeled better, lighted better, voice acted better, lip synced better... well fuck it is just a better game with a POS game engine....

I might continue to post my thoughts inline to this and the reply's

Don't but the game.. it is a turd and by no standard a game worth more the $5.99 on a steam sale

*end rant*

merp Q_Q gg then G fucking good game imcoming.

basically what I hear about it is that its a very particular type of game and probably will be a cult sort of thing. I expect most people will hate its gameplay but there will be some that love it.

pygmyzombie

The 47R Recruit
This review bums me out. I don't even read IGN reviews anymore, because 9 times out of 10 they are complete shit, and obviously paid for. I only go by word of mouth. I love the Alien universe, and again, this bums me out.

I'm going to post an update to this when I finish being pissed over the small things that break immersion... I have come across some weird bugs... I will say that I am playing it on easy and that you die a lot... Every enemy is exceptionally lethal and it sometimes seems unfair... You are only a 115lb female so I can see that being Okay