A very interesting post about CS:S.

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Source' started by IcEWoLF, Jul 17, 2011.

1. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

This post totally sums up CS:S.

Everything wrong with Source, fix it! - Steam Users' Forums

2. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

I have been trying to get at these points for ohhh so long now,, and also smg damage needs to be upped a bit.. they completely ruined the mp5.

3. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

no grego. if it goes back to the old way, you will think everyone is hacking thing with game settings.

4. Spray

Spray The 47 Ronin

I agree with all his points. Steam screwed up a lot of things. For sure they nerfed spraying.

5. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

+1 on the dying behind the wall crap... happens to me alot stupid hitbox reacts slower than the actually player movement as well as being shot before seeing a player.

If smgs were to be upped a bit in terms of damage than Valve needs to add just a little more and not too much other wise it wouldnt be the cheap smgs everyone can buy. And certainly dont want to old mp5 back like it was in 1.6... mp5>ak, m4 anytime back than

Also this guy has a very valid point in the bugs Vlave have left untouch for god knows how long -_- they said they'll look into and fix it but never did.

Really curious of how Valve will react to this maybe this will open their eyes and fix some of these old bugs they said they'll fix it

6. CutScene

CutScene Member

I have been saying this crap for years... Years!

Thanks for the post Ice. This guy really sums it all up.

7. Haze

Haze Contributor

I just don't think steam gives a shit about css anymore to be honest. Simple as that..

8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

He also makes points on some of the original developers leaving the project...
    I think thats the reason why we are seeing CS:S part of the Orange Box, its because the TF2 devs took over it.
    Reason why they removed 100tick too.
    -IcEWoLF

9. civil servant

civil servant The 47 Ronin Contributor

Oh thank goodness! Here I was starting to believe that I just suck. Okay, well maybe I do suck but there is some goofy ass stuff going on in this game. AND, I'm running a shit comp right now. But I ran this comp in the pub back in 2005 and I eventually improved my results. Now, it's just a major bummer to join the pub. I'm stationary around a corner and I'm getting shot through the tunnel as though the bullet is plotting one of several routes it has available to it as long as it's derived from a conical section. Whatever happened to those good old fashioned reliable vectors we had before Valve decided to shift us in and out of the present time phase for better playability. Seriously. I won't build another comp for this game. I just don't get this sort of frustration from my xBox360...I just get carpal tunnel syndrome. :(

10. WhiteWalls

WhiteWalls Member

try having 90+ ping all the time
    i have like a 3 step delay for my hit boxes >.<