A/C Problems

Discussion in 'Auto Section' started by kaiki, Jul 3, 2017.

1. kaiki

kaiki New Member

I own a Toyota 2010 corolla and somehow, it never gets cold in my car, unless I blast my A/C on full for straight up 10 minutes... When I put my hands on it I can feel how cold the air is, so I don't quite understand how the cold air never seems to stick around. Has anyone ever had this problem? I think it might have something to do with heat transfer?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

You might have a leak in your A/C Compressor having a leak. Have you check for any drips or spots in the drive way when you park your car?
    Are you parking your car outside in the sun? Sometimes the inside temperature is very hot so it will take the a/c sometime to actually cool down the cabin. Have you put more Freon before? When adding Freon you need to make sure you add in the correct amount of Freon. A few ounces short of a full charge can result in inadequate cooling under high heat loads due to lack of reserve refrigerant which is why they have the exact amount on the vehicle’s engine compartment down to the ounce.

Those are some common issue I can think of why your 2010 will be giving you a hard time cooling down your cabin. If none of these above you might have to take to the mechanic and they can get the a/c on a a/c test gauge.

3. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

chrisfix youtube page has some a/c fixes. watch all his related vid's to get an idea what could be cause of your A/C issue.

4. kaiki

kaiki New Member

Thanks! I'll watch it later and see if it's useful :)

5. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Hey @kaiki ever found out what the problem was? Hopefully it was a simple fix!