What's new

47Ronis Rock Heaven the Hardest!!!!

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
If you only knew how poor I am. After my divorce is over I might have enough money to save. Right now between lawyer fees, paying her bills and sending her a check each month I basically live check to check with enough money to take my girls out for ice cream after church on Sundays.

I keep seeing these Maxwell leaks... 3200 Maxwell streaming processors and the huge on die memory.... 8gb of vram.. This card is built for 4k... I would wait to buy Maxwell until the die shrink to 18-20nm happens... This year will still be 28nm...not like that is bad or anything but temps and clocks will be better after the die shrink.... Im still going to wait until at least Volta or the architecture after it before I upgrade.
I may file for divorce soon and be like you :( this is no joke. Fuck my life!!!

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
Get custody of the kids, on a good salary child support for two kids can be about $800 a month plus alimony... If at all possible go to counseling and work it out... A divorce can be a financial nightmare if it is not amicable

Good luck

Surrender

The Ronin Enforcer
The 47 Ronin
@Col. Gaspar @Hunter

just a heads up: 3770k is currently at 4 ghz flat w/ stock fan (dont worry, ill be buying a new cooling setup soon)
and kingpin card is also on air with stock voltage. first time playing with the card and im sure ill test it a lot more in the future
but for now, here it is:

ockingpin.jpg

Surrender

The Ronin Enforcer
The 47 Ronin
I was just about to get some sleep and I saw your post lol. so before i leave..

as far as core clocks a stock kingpin is: 1072MHz base / 1137MHz boost

i got it to 1197 and the "oc guide" that came with it says it can run 1200 stable on its stock air fans. so i think i about got it :p

note: btw i didnt even see this 'guide' til after. thought it was a funny coincidence how close i got it. i didnt notice i was off by 3 mhz as i was going up by intervals of 5/10 lol :facepalm:

Last edited:

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
I was just about to get some sleep and I saw your post lol. so before i leave..

as far as core clocks a stock kingpin is: 1072MHz base / 1137MHz boost

i got it to 1197 and the "oc guide" that came with it says it can run 1200 stable on its stock air fans. so i think i about got it :p

note: btw i didnt even see this 'guide' til after. thought it was a funny coincidence how close i got it. i didnt notice i was off by 3 mhz as i was going up by intervals of 5/10 lol :facepalm:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1459307/official-evga-780-ti-classified-k-ngp-n-owners-club

Let it rides!! Your card is covered for Ocing. Do it, make it screams!!! It can go all the way up to 1.5Vcore :D

Fasttrak

Staff member
Finally got time this morning to remove my case, clean it out and install the new graphics cards. Everything went smoothly right up to the point of adding the SLI Bridge... hmm my bridge does not work with these cards. The aluminum fan shroud on the Zotac has a more form fitting opening around the pcb sticking out off the main board. So, running with a single 980 until I can get the Zotac one ordered.

I also reset my CPU and motherboard settings back to stock, will bring it back up with the new SLI setup when I get the SLI bridge installed and everything benchmarked to keep an eye on heat.

Before 2X GTX 680

With the 2 X 980 minus SLI Bridge

No see through panels on this case as it sits under the shelf of my desk, no need for crazy time spent cable management. I have to say these cards are damn big but these new aluminum + plastic fan shroud plus the metal back plate on these cards makes for a very sturdy structure compared to any card I have ever had. The open frame means the air and heat along with it flow out nicely. These cards are almost inaudible, amazing how quiet they are compared to even the 680's, and I thought those were pretty quiet compared to the GTX 295 I had before.

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
I want to see everything overclocked to hell. Those 980's should OC boost to about 1500Mhz. For an apples to apples comparison against my heavily overclocked rig. I'll even post new numbers to compare on the same drivers