47Ronin Cars!

Discussion in 'Auto Section' started by TomKat, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Which company was your CAI from and which car it was for? I should check whether if I need to tune mine or not I completely forgot to ask them about it. So far I haven't seen any issue with my air-to-gas ratio but I can tell I need to turn off my ECO mode so my car doesn't drag.
    I had my intake routed so it the air will be picking up from my driver fender side and easier to clean the filter.

2. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

it's for my '08 Rustang GT. Many CAI vendors to choose from: AirRaid, K&N, FRPP, and others. Yes, installing a CAI throws off the A/F ratio sometimes, so it needs a tune which usually comes with the CAI. CAI-Tuner-Tune is not cheap. I dream of this one (20HP increase?), and it will do some damage on my pocket. Comes with the tuner.

If you plan to keep your car past 6 years, then get a turbocharger. See if you can find a CARB certified one. Make sure it has the Executive Order (EO#) for it. There are many ways to circumvent the smog test of course. Or, you can just save up for a low mileage Genesis. Those cars are sexy. If I'm younger, that would be my car.

Ford Racing Mustang Cold Air Intake Kit with Calibrator (05-09) GT M-9603-GTB

Picture3.

3. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Well I was going to save up for a low mileage Gen anyway :p Hopefully try to get my hands on the 2.0T since its an inline4 and those babies are easier to mod compare to the V's.

Apparently my CAI I don't need it to tune. The guy said my ECU will adjust itself to correct to A/F ratio after 2 tanks or so. I just got a Megan dual tip exhaust and cut my muffler off. Did a custom axle back with a straight pipe to my exhaust. I dynoed my car and after my CAI and exhaust I got it to 188-189HP from 173HP and about 8 more torque.

But that setup on that Mustang is awesome and very clean :O

This is gonna be my last one. Going to do it next year for my birthday present :p
    M&S Wide Aero Body Kit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  4. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Here you go. Pics of the mods and my exhaust + CAI combo.

20151003_162210. 20151003_162226. 20151003_162532.

5. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

@Ghonzo <3 the sound mang! It does not sound like a ricer but more like a racer. Excellent choice on the CAI too. The pictures do not show the wheels/tires, but if you don't already have, the right ones will really improve handling (harder ride for low pro's but worth it). Later you can lower the car a li'l bit. I opted for function/practicality more than looks, so I lowered mine just 1", so I don't scrape the underside or chin spoiler while going over bumps and driveways, and more importantly, so the suspension geometry remains within spec's. My Rustang is sensitive to extreme suspension mod's, otherwise; it requires more parts, time, and maintenance I don't want to spend on.

6. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Thanks @tuc0. I'm not planning to lower that car since it already came lowered from factory. I only have about 1/2inc or so left to lower before I need to stance my wheels and I hate the stance looks :p I'm not going to lie when I told the tuner I wanted to go with the Apexi N1 exhaust he told me it will sound like a Honda/Scion ricer car and I told me hell no I dont want that. He recommended me the Megan performance exhaust and boy it was a good choice. My suspension are all independent so thats another bitch thing to consider when I have to mod. If I do anything to that car it will be new tires 225 or 235 and a coilover spring lol :p

I was bummed when my tuner told be he was out of the polished CAI :( He only made 4 of each- polished and matte black metal - since he didn't expect too many people to get a custom CAI for an Elantra or Veloster :p

Yea those suspension can be bitchy if you lower too much. I didn't know the Mustang had those issues. Check out the Roush kit I see couple in my neighborhood and those things are really low. I dont know if they got air rides/VRH suspension but those things definitely need to just crawl over bumps and whatnot.

Gotta give my baby a wash and wax its been over due XD

7. v.Kamikaze

v.Kamikaze 47R|Source Division The 47 Ronin

hey, rotate your phone to landscape for that vid... n00b! :p

8. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

New Avant Garde M310 wheels. Waiting on my new rotors to go with my 2pot copper caliper upgrade. New dual audi style headlights and new exhaust as well :p

Attached Files:

9. v.Kamikaze

v.Kamikaze 47R|Source Division The 47 Ronin

i see those rims EVERYWHERE o_O but they still look nice :p

10. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Lol there lot of replicas for those style :p