47Ronin Cars!

Discussion in 'Auto Section' started by TomKat, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ak | sAmmI'^

ak | sAmmI'^ The 47 Ronin

thank you

2. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Has anyone ever put wheel spacers? I want to get a wider tires. Currently my tire is a 215/45R17 I want to go either 225 or even 235 for it.

3. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

I know you drive a Hyundai but not sure if Elantra or Genesis. Here's one for Elantra:
    2012 Elantra wheel offset - ElantraClub - Elantra Owner and Enthusiast Community

I learn lots from others through enthusiast forums. There seems to be a lot of people modding Hyundais.

4. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Ah thanks I been digging through the forums on the hyundai club couldnt find much. Looks like people got a 225/40/17 and evem 225/45/17 and it worked without having to put in a spacer thankfully. I just didn't want the tires rubbing.

Thanks for the link @tuc0 btw I have the Elantra Coupe :p

5. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Why not just go Genesis?!?!?!?

6. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

Gen's are sexy! He'll move to the turbo one someday.

7. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

I would of gotten it since it was only extra $3k but the mpg on those turbo gen coupe kinda kills it :( or else I would of gotten it. Going to trade my coupe down the line later.
    For now just going to change my tires, finally Injen came up with a CAI for the coupe so going to be grabbing those within few months and get some LEDs for my headlights and EL wires for my inside.

@tuc0 haha yea the Gens are sexy its either going to be the Gen 2.0T or the 3.4ultimate for me unless I got with a WRX sedan XD Just hard to find a decent manual tranny these days =/ I think the WRX doesnt even come with manual anymore...

8. ak | sAmmI'^

ak | sAmmI'^ The 47 Ronin

WRX still comes with a manual ghonzo

9. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Yea I just looked it up and they still do thank god! :D

I'll probably just borrow my friends 06 WRX tho :p
    Finally got my LED's on my headlight,DRL, and foglight along with a custom CAI from Concept 3 yesterday. It was money well spent considering I only paid $500 for all of it.

Going to get a Megen or Flowmaster burntip dual exhaust and do a axle back system next week. Going to cut my muffler off and just do straight pipe to my exhaust.

For those in SoCal looking to do mods check out Concept 3 in Brea. Reasonable price and the owner Will is a great guy. Never tries to rip someone off and does a good job. Finally got my coupe near the 200hp range :D

Will post pics and a video after the exhaust system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  10. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

@Ghonzo Have fun modding your car. It's a lot of fun and rewarding.
    I'm looking into adding a CAI on my '08, but backed out for now because it will need a tune as well.
    My car needs smog test every 2yrs now, and it will fail visual inspection if the CAI is not certified by C.A.R.B.
    I can just uninstall the CAI, re-install the OEM filter box, and re-program the tune to stock.
    That's cheating though, so I will give in and do it legally.

Also, the CAI must be thermally isolated from the heat of the engine bay.
    Otherwise, your engine will just be sucking in hot air resulting in lower power from heat soak.
    That is why I recently installed hood louvers (heat extractors) on my car to help cool the engine bay.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List